Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official, my kit is on the truck and scheduled to be delivered Sunday. What the hell did I get myself into? Only kidding. Thanks to all you guys out there that support this safety net that makes this dream a little less scarey.

Thanks especially to Cobra Earl for pushing me off the fence and talking to my son and myself at Hyperdrive at the Lowes Speedway.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,274 Posts
Good luck Steve and congrats! There are plenty of cars close by to look at for help. 3 in Gastonia, Scott on Mt. Holly-Huntersville Hwy, and a couple in Lake Norman area.
Have fun.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like fun. I hope to have the car finished by then. That looks like a great weekend to christen it.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Steve,

Congrats Steve! I know you've been getting restless waiting on the kit! I think the only way I've managed is by slowly gathering and prepping my donor parts. My kit is scheduled for delivery next weekend and I'm told by FFR that it is kit #3928.

Any luck last week on gathering more parts? I thought I'd found a good and reasonably priced donor in SC for us to split, but it turned out to be an '88 (non-mass air car) and I couldn't get the guy to consider a price of less than $2250 for the car, so I passed on it.

Did you ever get the body buck built? I'm going to try and build mine this week and hopefully finish before the kit arrives.

Let me know if you need help unloading.

Drew

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drew,
If you'd like to come over for the "unload", that would be great. I got a call from Stewart last night and he says he needs 4 guys at this end. He doesn't have the truck with the crane.

·
Senior Charter Member
724 Posts
What time is it supposed to be there? I might be able to come. I am in Cornelius, about 1 mile from Drew.

·
Registered
198 Posts
SteveK,
What time will Stewart deliver the kit? If you need help, I am probably not far from you. Give me a call at (704)394-0655.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Steve,

I'd be glad to come over and help. My only time constraint is from about 11:30 - 2:30 as my parents are visiting for the weekend and I have to drop them off at the airport.

Sounds like a few guys are willing to help if needed, which is great since Stewart didn't send the truck with the crane.

We'll need basic logistics:

- home phone #
- directions and address
- time that Stewart is scheduled to stop by

Drew

·
Senior Charter Member
724 Posts
Steve:

I can come this afternoon. Will be back from church around 1:00 PM. My # is 704 892 7060. If you need help call me. It looks like it might be a good afternoon for a ride anyway.

[ October 27, 2002, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: FFR1222K ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts