Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skeptics will find similarities to a SPF with "some assembly required", but I find these exciting times.

We select Mark & Dave's products for many reasons but primarily because we realize...We Can Do This...assemble a car, making our own choices along the way. Color choice is STILL the most personal decision we make and that will not change.

The "personalizations" of our donor/non-donor builds were a result of searches, study, conversations and vendor contacts. Knowledge of our car's construction and the relationships we build along the way are what set us apart and I think that is a Worthwhile Difference....and that will not change

Sure, there'll be some realignment of vendor offerings, but most will accommodate the change. The expansion of the body offerings will open opportunities for new products (someone has to offer the wire wheels for the 289 Street cars).

I'll be following your endeavors on the Forum and lusting after your finished products, but at 63 (my birthday is today), Kay and I will just continue to enjoy our Mark I, admiring your cars, listening to your stories when we meet and treasuring this Worthwhile Difference (knowledge & relationships) Factory Five Racing offers to all who recognize it.

God Bless and best of luck to all....we'll be looking for you down the road.

·
3,875 Posts
Good morning Phillip and Happy Birthday.
Don

·
3,217 Posts
Phillip - Happy Birthday!

These are exciting times for sure. The new 'compleat' kit is a great thing for the first time builder and I for one don't think our vendors will suffer that much. These cars are all about personal choices. Even though you get everything you need now, there are going to be plenty of folks who want to go beyond the norm.

I'm heading to FFR tomorrow to put in an order for my second build. This will be for the standard kit and you, Breeze, DBRUS, Mike Everson and everyone else will still be getting orders from me.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hey, since when is 63 to old? I AM and my ff has 9 first 2 second and 13,500 miles on her she will stay with me until I die. (after that its my grandaughter's and i will teach her how to drive It (shes's 5)

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
I've heard older people have more birthdays!
Paul M. :D

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
Happy Birthday Phillip! Here's to many more!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Phillip,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Like Jeff said...a pic of your car from London is on page 30 of the Oct. issue of Kit Car Builder...if you do not have it, say so and I will send you mine.

Bob

ps. I'll be "64" next month and we old guys will be running these old Mark I's up and down the Dragon and such, for a long time, seeing lots of fine new cars, and making many great new friends along the way.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Bobby,

FYI, you may find two magazines on the rack..."Kit Car Magazine" & "Kit Car Builder"...Phillip's care is in Kit Car Builder...Oct issue, page 30.

Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have this issue of the magazine. Love that suitcase, especially when it has my underwear and toothbrush in it headed on a trip. Sorry he missed the #198, Key West, Cape Cod and Dragon stickers.

And who is that old man in the first picture with the red hat and jacket lusting after those other FFRs?

The thing that I still think about on that Saturday morning staging was the guy who drove through (at some speed) that big pot hole there in the middle of the staging lot. I've often wondered what damage was done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts