Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Originally posted by DON:
David sorry for this stupid question but what is HPDE???
HPDE is NASA's version of driving school. You get one on one instruction and controled run groups. It isn't racing (so is usually covered under your insurance), but is designed to teach you how to read the line and get the most out of your car.

This isn't Skip Barber or Bondurant. It's a step below that. But it is _significantly_ less expensive. Out here on the east coast, the beginner and intermediate sessions sell out within days. For about $300 (or 10-15% the cost of Skip Barber), you get about 75% of what they teach you in the other schools. It really is a no-brainer in most situations and one the main things I like about NASA.

·
Out-of-control teenager
835 Posts
Hey David, Mary or any of you guys and gals, what exactly is the schedule for the weekend? It looks like I have a free Saturday and would like to come up either with some friends or with my dad to watch you guys race.

Can anyone there give me a short ride? I still haven't been in one of these things yet

·
1,033 Posts
Max, I am trying to find out the exact schedule......stay tuned

·
1,033 Posts
Schedule for this weekend:

Saturday:
8:30 Group A Warm up
11:15 Group A Qualifying
2:25 Group A Race

Sunday:
8:15 Group A Warm up
10:15 Group A Qualifying
12:15 Group A Race

·
1,033 Posts
Nope, Ween is correct. Just looked at the NASA web site and it states "high performance driving experience". Whatever the definition, it is one hell of a fun time!

[ August 02, 2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Chick FFR Racer ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.