Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
96 GT donor ; MK III 6079 del 4/22/07
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at 9:45 yesterday morning the Stewart truck rolled in front of my house :D But there was NO way that he could back that 80' rig into my driveway :eek: ( two lane road w/18" shoulder 90 deg into a 10' driveway). However
I had anticipated that scenario and had lined up an alternate unloading location about four miles up the road where it could take place. All went smoothly and by lunch she was safely tucked into my garage (which I had spent all day saturday clearing of wood chips, dust, scraps, and about 150 bd ft of rough lumber waiting for processing:rolleyes:). I ate lunch and started the inventory which I finished at 10:30 pm. then by the time I loaded my pictures into my comp and then into the bucket it was 1:30 this morning :eek: so I am posting this a little later.
Here is the proof (no pics-didn't happen, right)

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Congrats, now the fun can begin!

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those pics are out of order, go bottom to top for correct order, but you can probably figure that out. stupid computer
HERE are some more

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still puting them botom to top- oh well :confused: Here are the rest

Kinney

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
Conrats! Now start taking that aluminum off!

·
Banned
249 Posts
congratulations kinney have fun

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
Congrats ! How did you get the kit off he trailer? I am faced with this next month when I pick up mine? Thanks

Bill

·
Junior Charter Member
693 Posts
Nicely done Kinney.

And I like your red mega-sized tool box...That could hold every tool I own, plus the neighbor kid and a medium sized retriever.

Have fun!

Brian

·
65 FANGS
522 Posts
Kinney,
Way to go. Time to fire up the tools, mechanical that is. build a house and build a car. Not to much work, huh?
Bob

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bil1024,
When we set the frame/body on the trailer I set it on two furniture dollys then tied it down to the trailer. When I got to the house I unhooked from the tow car, put the ramp back on the trailer, laid a sheet of plywood on to the ramp, then raised the tongue of the trailer, put a floor jack under the rear of the trailer (to keep it from kicking the front up when the weight shifted when rolling the car off), then I strapped the dollys securely to the car frame with some light hold down straps... then we just rolled it off the trailer and into the garage. Wha-la.

Austin, I recently (1 year ago) retired from an industrial job. I worked on industrial refrigeration equip I've got wrenches from 2 1/4 down to 1/4 in 1/16 increments and every thing else that goes with working on 600# steam turbines and 390 ton refrigeration compressors in that box. A mouse couldnt get in there, much less the neighbors kid or the dog. But I still had to pick up a couple of new tools for this project.

Hi Bob, yep, no work... just tons of fun!!!
Kinney

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Awesome Kinney. I remember that day, the most excitement I had in a long time.

One of my all-time favorite days, Jan 21st. My FFR MarkIII came shortly after church, then shortly after that, my Bears kicked butt in the NFC championship game.

A great day indeed.

Now get back to that garage you lucky guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts