Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Having some issues with my front drivers side suspension im running FFR LCAs, coilovers,sn95 hubs, and need to know what angle or position they should be in before tightening? my left
front wheel tows out at the top no matter how i adjust upper control arm,(pass side is perfect)
Should lower control be tightened before coilovers fitted or does it not make any difference?
I Bought these from a forum member and cant find any info in the FAQ section
thanx in advance
jimmy O

[ March 25, 2007, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: cobrabhoy ]

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
can you post some pics?

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
Jimmy,
Set your UCA front arm sleeve to a point where 10 threads are exposed beteen the nut and the adjustable tube. Set the UCA rear so that 4 threads are exposed.

With shocks installed, set your ride height to about 4.25" in the front. Your LCAs should be about parallel with the ground or just slightly higher now. Tighten there. Actually, the LCAs should rotate pretty freely about the bushings so it shouldn't matter that much what position they are in when tightened.

Measure from the top shock mount U-shaped frame part horizonatally accross to the centerline of your front tire and you should be about 13 1/8" away. That should be at approximately the correct camber.

Greg

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx guys,
Greg PM me with your Address i found some old Practical classic magazines with articles and pics of Tigers and Alpines, ill send em on to you
jimmy O

·
iBuild
5,824 Posts
As Greg said, I think it is not supposed to matter what height you torque the LCA at if your using poly bushings.

The stock arms with rubber bushings it matters because the bushing twists instead of rotates.

(At least thats my understanding.)

_Scott

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
Scott,
Exactly. Jimmy, make sure your bushings move freely after you greased them. One member recently had to take his apart and grease them becasue they were competely frozen up. The older ones, 2 years ago, were all like that and had to have grooves for the grease to enter cut into them (mine included).

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts