Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of the summer sale, FFR is offering their IRS, as one of the "free" options.

Is this IRS substantially different than the Supercoupe IRS (tougher, better built, etc.)?

Mike

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
the IRS uses supercoupe drive train parts but has a different subframe. so its the supercoupe IRS packaged a little differently (just like the whole car is the components from a mustang, packaged a little differently)

the FFR IRS has been proven strong and reliable to me.

james

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
you still need the supercoupe parts to complete the package. spindles, brake, rotors, center section, cv joints arn't part of the FFR package.
What your getting is the frame set up for IRS as well as upper and lower control arms, coilovers,halfshaft axles (axle only).

·
Senior Charter Member
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgive my ignorance on IRS systems, but here's what they're showing on the web site:

It looks pretty complete to me.

I 'll have to call them and find out what exactly is included.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I'd have to agree, the pic they show is misleading. But the description explains.

"Our independent rear suspension is the for the person who needs the absolute top of the line performance and ride from his Factory Five car. The kit comes with the IRS cage, shocks, upper and lower control arms, shorter half shafts, and all hardware. If ordered with a kit we weld in all the mounts so it is ready to assembly and shipping is free, but many people have retrofitted this kit into their solid axle cars. It will work on all Mark I, II, and III cars. The center section, CV joints, hubs, brakes, and spindles are all from the extremely common late 80's to mid 90's Ford products listed below. The IRS comes in both standard (59.25") to accommodate lug wheels and pin drive (54.25") width for authentic knock-off wheels that we sell"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.