Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm struggling with the look of the FFR heater knobs. They just don't go with the rest of the dash. Has anyone replaced the two knobs with toggle switches or something else... maybe even just better looking knobs.

Also, does anyone know how many clicks each knob needs for the fan knob (i.e., 3=hi-med-low) and the function knob? Thanks for the information ...travis

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hey Travis,
I did replace the knobs with some Billet Aluminum for a local Street Rod shop. Seems like $ 10/11.00 a piece.

jack

·
Senior Charter Member
302 Posts
These are from Radio Shack. $3 each if I remember correctly.
Don

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Its a different approach and I dont know where you are with the build, but I put my heater controls under the dash n Mike Eversons bottom filler panel so they de-clutter the dash and the are not visible. I also put my Lucas wiper switch under there too because it didnt match the rest,
Steve

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
I hated the look of them too. I carefully scraped the chrome ring off the front of the knob just leaving the line to indicate position.
Tolerable until I find something better.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the response.

Steve- I just got my Mike Everson filler panel yesterday. I was thinking about putting it under there but I also wanted it to be accessible. I'm building my dash right now and going for the classic, clean look ...travis

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Mike Everson's dash panel in mine with heater controls mounted on the under side. Out of site, and easy access.
Baron

·
Registered
765 Posts
Travis, I use a knob form a Jag Xke for the period correct look.

Knobs Found Here

Part # 011-981 $9.85 KNOB, wiper switch ("HNP")
Just sanded off the wiper letters and had a guy with a vinyl cutter make some new ones.

Steve

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
I didnt mount the heater switches on the supplied mount - I put them vertically through the filler panel - completely out of sight but easiy accessible,
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts