Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to let DV know how us FFR guys feel about all of his great efforts. Since this is the largest FFR site and FFR had the most cars, you might want to show him you want another event by voting!

I say charge a little money and help pay Mr DV and Ms DV a little for their time. I would pay $100.. it was that fun!

For the $100, give me a t-shirt and a sunday lunch.

Thanks DV for putting the event on!

- Bill

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
I've added my .02 over on clubcobra....

I'll add it here.

LETS DO IT!!!!! Ginny has started on another quilt. This one will have pics of DVSFII on it.

I might talk her into doing 2.

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
I too added my $.02 on the Clubcobra post but I'll say it here again.

DO IT! DV should charge for this and pay for some help. If he doesn't use all the money, give it to Team Jenny. I would pay whatever it takes for such a great event.

·
12,654 Posts
LET ME MAKE ONE THING PERFECTLY CLEAR........

Yes, I want to keep the DVSF.

Id be willing to pay. No idea what a fair price is......Maybe one price for the individual and another price for a couple....

AND Sponsors would be a great thing. Like Miller beer. Did not see much of Miller. Except for the case and a half of miller i had. AND, the nice posters and wall hangings.

earl

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
DV has started this from a small marble, now that marble rolling down the snowy mountain becomes a HUGE SnowBall that no one can stop now!
There has to be a 3rd and more DV Spring Flings, it has become just TOO HUGE to let it die like that!
I could not attend this year but count me in for next one!
If there's anyway I can help let me know!

·
Super Moderator
29,466 Posts
Hopefully, my car will be ready for next year's event.

Keith

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I would be willing to pay a entrance fee for another Fling.

BTW, Earl, Miller's rep, Lynn, was at all of the weekends events. She supplied the posters and metal signs that I saw people buying for $20 and $35 respectively. All the money went to Team Jenny.

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DV - How much did we raise? Did you cover your costs with donations for the event? I know some people were donating money to Team Jenny which goes directly to CF, but some sent money to cover the cost of running DV. Did you come out OK?

Let us know!

And thanks again.

- Bill

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,067 Posts
This must keep going, I want to go!

DV will need help though, maybe enlist a Cobra club or two to give a hand.

Greg

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
A cover charge is fine with me. I've said before next year my car will be ready and I want to see what it's like driving it all the way across the country.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
381 Posts
I too posted over at Club Cobra but I'll say it again. I would spend almost any amount of money to have another event next year. Entry fee? Who cares! Bring it on!!!!!

Chad

·
Senior Charter Member
594 Posts
I'll go but I want to finish my car first. I'm about 50% done. I like what Earl said about one price for a single vs another for a double.

Tifford

·
Charter Member
99 Posts
Harley people have Sturgis!!! We have to keep DVSF alive!!!! Besides we have a great cause behind ours!!!! I have been having cobra dreams ever since getting back. By the way #2796 performed flawlessly the 5 plus hrs. there then back!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I will be mortally wounded and mentally scarred if a DVSF III does not occur and I cannot attend...

:D

Neill

·
4,494 Posts
To register for every other car event in the nation you have to pay? Why should DVSF III be any different? If we want to keep a quality event, help DV so he doesn't get worked to death and provide a few event goodies to the registrants, then we should have to help out on the money end.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
I put in my 2 cents on CC too, but I'll say it again here.

SIGN ME UP FOR NEXT YEAR! I think a registration fee is a great idea!!! And a necessary one.

There were about 100 "no shows" at this year's fling. Think of all the money that was spent making up those 100 information packs, name badges, directions, window stickers, etc. That's minor compared to the caterer's bill for those 100 meals that weren't eaten! :eek: That money could have gone to Team Jenny.

Make it a non-refundable registration fee and at least those costs would be covered if the person didn't show.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dittos, Wade and the rest of you folks.
A non-refundable registration fee is an excellent idea. It had been brought up already for DVSF II on ClubCobra, but the registrations were already coming in and being taken for the event so DV looked at it as an ethical question. He didn't want to have to go back and tell those already registered that there would be an entry fee (ED is just that kinda guy) so it didn't happen - this time. The general consensus then became - DO IT FOR DVSF III!

DV, I know sooner or later you will be reading this. I want you to know there is probably no one that has one (or more!) of these cars that would not be willing to pay an entry/registration fee for DVSF III. If there are folks that would balk at it, please email DV privately and explain why there shouldn't be an entry fee.

Just come up with an amount that would be fitting to cover all of the expenses each participant incurs while "playing with their toys"!

If I may suggest a formula: X = amount for DRIVER and CAR
and then 1/4X = for each additional person with that entry.

For example a Cobra, it's driver, his/her significant other, and their crew chief friend:
$100.00 - Driver and car
$25.00 - Driver's spouse
$25.00 - Crew Chief

$150.00 Total

DV, you only have to decide on the X amount, based on what you know (and keep tight-lipped about) are the expenses.

Just an opinion. . . LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Well if Steve is going with Kermit, and Sergio is going, then I want to go!! I think we already have the start of a CARAVAN!! Bring it on!

·
Administrator,
879 Posts
I for one was very impressed with DVSF II and would like to see one next year. I'm not sure how DV managed to put together such a great event without charging. I would gladly pay a fee for such a great event.

Galt

1 - 20 of 44 Posts