Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual doesn't show the fuel cell installation and the instructions provided with the fuel cell doesn't even mention the filler neck. I presume the Mustang filler neck is still required for at least the upper part. The same hose and clamps were provided with this kit as my last donor build. Who has found a good way to cut and attach the filler neck to the new fuel cell?

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,782 Posts
i asked joe at factory five the same thing, he
said to use a piece of the rubber tube for the filler neck that came with the kit. i went to nappa and bought another piece i think it is 2 inch tube for gas a little pricy though.
i still want to know where the second black bracket gets attached for the cell they dont even
mention it in thew instructions?

attatch the tube to the cell filler neck then the
mustang fill tube to the rubber hose.

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrench,

On the filler neck deal, I guess I just need to piece part the thing together. As I recall the inlet on the fuel cell is further forward than the stock tank, so I'd thought they address the piece part assembly at least somewhat.

On the question you had about the brackets, are you talking about the two 1" "L" shaped brackets? If so, they go on the top set of holes for the quick jack mounts sort of a mirror image of the lower brackets. They go on after the lower trunk aluminum is installed. Should have been some shorter bolts supplied to replace the traditional longer ones. HTH.

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,782 Posts
i was thinking about calling fuel safe,or atl to see
if they sell gas tube with 45 or 90 to go from the cell then cut the mustang fill at the top and just run hose insted of pieceing it together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts