Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the slip yoke (trans output) supposed to be hollow? I purchased the shortened drive shaft from FFR for 351/T-5/8.8 solid axle and installed it without a problem. Car drives nice and everything seemed good until I jacked the front end up and found trans oil dripping out the slip yoke. Further inspection revealed the yoke is hollow. I haven't looked further into it but is there supposed to be a freeze plug or something in there? Probably should have examined closer before I installed it but I think you all understand the excitement when we get this close.:001_tongue:

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're not sounding like a Jack, you just didn't think of your response before you sent it. Of course the yoke slips on to the trans output. However, the end of that bore (nearest the u-joint) should be capped with a freeze plug or something. Otherwise road debris will get into the spline.:glare:

Not to sound like a "jack", but how else would it interface with the trans output man?

The seal at the end of the trans tail shaft is what keeps the fluid inside; check and make sure that is seated/ in place correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.