Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the FFR dash mounted headlight and ignition switch - any thoughts? I'm fairly adept at auto wiring (having suffered my share of British hardware) but if this is a custom piece that looks good and is bolt on, I'm ok spending the money. However, if they're AutoZone parts and a jumper or 2, I'd rather do it me-self.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I used an ignition switch from Summit. Simple bolt in connections. The knurled dash ring looks just fine to me. There is a pretty good post on which wires go where - I think it is in the FAQ now. If I can do it then just about anyone can.

No comment on the headlight switch. I mounted the donor switch up high, centered under the steering column. The flasher switch is next to it. You can't see either one from outside the car.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
I'm using the FFR-supplied headlight and ignition switches that came with my kit. (If I remember correctly they were included in the Painless wiring kit.) Anyway, 1100 miles on the car and no problems so far.

·
5,559 Posts
You can just use the generic parts store versions as long as they have all of the functions you need. There is nothing special about the FFR supplied parts...

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
If you are doing your own wiring you might want to make a list of all the switches, connectors, and other electrical supplies you need and order them from Waytec. They have good prices and quality but I think there is a $50 minimum so you need to get everything at once. I used the FFR ignition switch and it looks just like the one in the Waytec catalog.

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
I just used a keyed ingition I bought from Autozone for $7.00 and an illuminated starter switch for the ignition portion of my build. I disabled (didn't wire) the IGN part of the keyed ignition switch, and just used it as kind of an ignition cut-off switch if you will, that just routes power to the start button when the key is inserted.

I also found a couple of carbon fibre aircraft style safety switches for $8.00 ea and used one for the headlights and one for the hazards.

I haven't given it the "smoke test" yet though....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.