Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fall and cooler weather is coming soon, so it is time to get your growling baby covered with a soft top. You don't want it to get wet, do you?

I have an uninstalled top that I bought from another member who had started to have it installed. Most of the quick snaps have been installed on the lower back edge of the top. [Also the bottom of the bows have been cut off and an Allen head bolt welded on.>>DISREGARD per Dave's comment below] Otherwise it looks to be in mint condition.

It is a little different from the $1,600 FFR Soft Top offered now because it does not have fabric side curtains, but instead it has sliding plexiglass windows. Certainly better I think.

Offered at $1,100. You save $500.

Feel free to call me at 207.781.2501.

Thanks, Payser

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
1,842 Posts
Just a quick heads up for anybody thats interested. The allen head bolts welded to the bottom of the main bows are the way they come, not something that was modified.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, thanks for the heads up on the Allen head bolts.

Payser

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
These are great tops - very original - and the sliding lexan sidecurtains are too cool!!! I have one for 7074 that will be installed in the next few weeks. One tip is to use some JB Weld to fill the threads on the above mentioned bolts that act as the pins for the top bows. I did that, sanded it smooth, and gave the ends a quick coat of black paint - will cut down on chafing and looks more finished.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, thanks for the tip and I will pass it along.

Payser

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TTT

Wonderful soft top available.

Payser

·
FFR Bandit
407 Posts
Just an FYI-

Just spoke to Dan @ FFR and unfortunately this will NOT fir the MK4.

bummer...this is an awsome top!

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy,
Thanks for letting me know that it won't work for your MK4.

Payser

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price Drop

Time to get this soft top sold.

Price reduced to $950!

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Is this top vinyl or cloth and does it have 1/4 windows beside the rear window to see out? I cant tell by the picture. Thanks

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is made of vinyl. The white area in the picture is the rear window which is quite wide and there are no quarter windows.

Thanks,
Payser

·
Junior Charter Member
212 Posts
FYI, I have what looks to be this exact same top. The threaded section on the bow is used with a knurled nut to tension the top after it's all snapped into place. The knurled parts could be in one of those bags and you may not realize what they are for.

Anyways, good luck on the sale.
Tony

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tony, that is great to know.

Thanks, Payser

·
Official OLD GUY
3,874 Posts
shipping to Lost Wages

How much (approximately) to ship it to Las Vegas, Nevada? or is that included in the $950 price?

What would be needed to complete this install? Is everything included or are there parts that will need to be purchased / obtained?

Doc :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doc,

PM sent.

Payser

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TTT

Top for sale.

Payser

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holiday gift giving is coming soon. Keep your hat dry. Buy a top for your Cobra.

Payser

·
Registered
158 Posts
will it fit an early FFR car....built in 99, also I think someone else asked if everything that you need is with the top..Thanks

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My understanding is that it will fit roadsters up through the MK3, but not the MK4.

As far as I know everything is there.

Payser

1 - 20 of 20 Posts