Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a nice turn-key Cobra, something to drive around and cruise in. No big engines or finicky wanted. Does not have to be 'correct' but I would like a nicely built car. I live in Central Illinois and would like something relatively close. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a car you may be interested in but it is not a cheap car.

a little history....

this car was built by a tuner in north carolina for the auto fair back in 2010 . it was a complete car built from new parts that were donated for the chairty build. this is why i bought it. i did not weant a used donor car.

it has a custom 347 stroker motor from doug hebert.

brand new mark 3 chassi and many many upgrades.

here is a video on you tube about it....

the concept was awesome and the money rasied was indeed a worthwhile thing but there were a few issues...

the car was rushed on the build and the paint although from a distance was cool looking really had alot of flaws.

also the motor was not tuned properly and the "black out " theme of the trim pieces was not done well.

but the basic ingredients of the car were there and i got the car for a resonable price. ( i paid 31k as is )

i immediately brought the car up to Whitby and Jeff and i went over it to identify the issues and also to talk about my vision of the car...

i ended up doing MUCH more than i wanted but the end result is simply awesome!!!

car is... painted Ford Sterling Grey

tko tranny 5 speed.

new sport style sterring wheel and 17 inch halibrands with new nittos all around.

motor dyno tuned and updated with new headers and intake.

i have a detailed spec list of all the upgrades which totalled over 16k.

here are a few pics...

i have over 48k invested . i would like to get 42k obo.

i am selling the car to make a track based challenge car. i am in no rush to sell because it will be about 4 months to build so if you want to come see the car let me know

i own MGW ltd. we make custom shifters for mustangs , corvettes, vipers and camaros. we have been in business over 25 years.

regards
george

706-829-3030

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I am really looking for something much closer than listed. I don't want anything that has been raced, or made to be raced. (Please see my original post). My budget depends upon what I like and if it fits my needs. That in itself should explain, I hate throwing numbers out. If you have one for sale, just list the price and we will talk.

I drove my friend's 302 H.O. recently and am looking for something similar.

As always, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for responding, I found my 'new' Cobra in my city. Currently resting comfortably in the garage because it is raining. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.