Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install the cooling system today and I'm having problems mounting and installing the radiator.

I purchased the aluminum radiator from FFR but it didn’t come with any instructions so I’ve been following the manual. I cut the radiator houses as it indicated in the manual but now they don’t seem to fit properly. In addition, I can’t determine how to mount the radiator as there does not appear to be a bracket.

Can someone who’s done this before please help and maybe send some pictures?

Thanks in advance…

·
Junior Charter Member
33 Posts
Hello,
The rad. mounts to the 3/4" frame for the top mount, , we drill and tap these mounting holes. You need to make 2 brackets that are attached to the lower frame and the lower part of the rad.. We use 3/4" wide metal for the bottom.
As far as the hoses, we don't build per FFR instructions. Call me if you have any questions.
Bill
570-772-1816

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
I used Ford's racing aluminum radiator and had a similar problem. I mounted a piece of aluminum band to the top and bottom of the radiator with counter sunk screws, which I could then bolt to the top frame tube. The lower mates up with the grill openning sheet metal.
Hope this gives you some ideas.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other problem I'm having is the upper rad. hose doesn’t not fit into the provided aluminum pipe, it too loose...

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

http://breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=494

the manual says to temporarily hold the bottom of the radiator up with zip ties, and then the front nose aluminum holds it up after the final painted body is put on.

the Breeze automotive support is adjustable and holds the radiator up even without the body on. it's only $35

1 - 6 of 6 Posts