Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the car is here. Stewart left about 2 hours ago. RadarPete and Mike D came over to help me out.

I guess I will start doing inventory.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Oh yes, the excitement of the unloading! Spend some time and inventory everything. Don't let the Back-ordered parts disappoint you. Things will keep coming and before you know it, you'll have a car in the garage!

Congrats

Skip

·
Senior Charter Member
2,181 Posts
I don't know which I would rather have,the cobra or your garage. Have a blast

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats! One thing you might want to do is to check the curvature of your hood and trunk. If it matches the body and you like it figure out a way to store it so that they don't flatten out, especially if it will be a while until body/paint.
Good luck!
KenM

·
Nothing Is Possible Without First A Dream.
59 Posts
looks to me like you have too many Cobras with two sitting in your driveway. Better send me the one you just unloaded.
What'd you do? Put it in your living room?? Too big, too clean, no fair.
Good luck sleepin tonite

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Congrats!! That garage is way too clean! Get to work!! :D

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
Please tell me that's not really your garage!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
My Kitchen is dirtier than that garage..(And I'm a Chef). Disgusting. Spread some oil, dirt, rags, grease,broken tools,oily cardboard pieces, naked girl calenders, and broken bicycles around that "Taj Mahal" will ya'?? Brian

·
Registered
119 Posts
I cant wait until I get to see my garage with a stewart truck infront of it unloading my Cobra. Good luck and make sure that you show us the progress.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yep, that garage is.... I can't even dream that neatly. "Too big, too clean, no fair" no kidding! Wow!

What did you use on your floor and how well does it stand up to floor jacks and jackstands?

Good luck and expect everything to require extra time and a bit of re-engineering. Once I got into that frame of mind, it was a lot more satisfying to build. There's a lot of room for creativity and looking into other's cars is one of the best parts of this whole experience.

John T.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
I was there. Never in my life have I seen such a garage! Also had a 2001 C5 Corvette in the corner. It was also spotless. Kerry, Mike, and I had fun with the delivery. Brought back fond memories. Pete

·
Junior Charter Member
1,224 Posts
LKNSnake, I was impressed to see the painted buck as well. It was mine until last week and did not look anywhere near that good when I passed it on. I actually did not think it was worthy of his garage. It makes me eager to see what he does with the cobra.

It was cool to finally see a mkIII. I like the changes.

Mike

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I got the body off. I called Mike for some moral support because it did not want to bugde. Turns out I forgot to disconnect the trunk from the frame. That will do it everytime.

Oski-
Jury is still out on the floor, but it appears to be durable. It is H&C concrete sealer from Sherwin-Williams. I will know more on durablity in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts