Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After countless hours of body work, I finished blocking out the car this past Friday and Saturday, it was finally ready for paint. This afternoon, I got the call at 1:00 that the car was painted and come take a look! I think the hardest part of my build was choosing the color!My original plan was to go with BRG or Midnight Blue. The Blue won the coin toss
. I am very happy with the color. (early Jaguar /non-metallic).
As far as painting the body on the chassis,I have painted over 100 cars(many of these pre-1948 Fords), and for me,have had much better results leaving the body mounted to the chassis( no surprises putting it back together). It is a few more hours masking, but if you do a good job and take your time, clean up is minimal.(not trying to sway anybody's opinion here. Just stating what works for me).

Big thanks to Gloucester Autobody! Another job well done.
Tomorrow I will start the final assembly.
Baron

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Looks real nice. Also looks like you got that real slick. Going to look real good with no stripes.

Final assembly will be pretty quick with the body already mounted!

Skip

·
Premium Member
12,326 Posts
That thar is one perty blue!

·
Charter Member
3,486 Posts
Baron,
Stop by and show that thing off you know where I live. Love to color. Perfect timing for spring.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,041 Posts
That car looks like you could fall into the paintjob and drown in it.absolutly beautiful.
Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
Nice color and paint job.

·
2,746 Posts
Baron,

It looks terrific, love the color. Great job as usual. Can't wait to see it all put together and un-masked.

Chris.

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
26,028 Posts
That looks beautiful. Dark and slick!

Greg

·
FFCobra Craftsman
903 Posts
see you painted body on chassis. does that work ok or do you get alot of overspray dust. Sure looks nice and deep.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
That looks GREAT!!! Can't wait to see the completed pics!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.