Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the day has finally come, my Dad, Wife, and I went out to pick up my kit today, and is home safe and sound. It's 1130 now and I've just come in from the garage!!! Not to bad on the back orders,

Side Pipes, front tubular lower control arms, rear upper and lower tubular control arms, tail lights, seat belts, seats, and a braided AN oil pressure line for the auto meter gauges.

When we got the tour, they had side pipes lined up like cord wood, but those were probably for other back orders. They said they would probably be done and shipped shortly along with my control arms bacause they make them in house.

My 15 Inch 4-lug Halibrand replica's weren't ready either, but those get shipped right to my house, anybody have any idea how long to wait on those? The order was placed in March.

This is the plan for the build...basic 5.0 EFI engine rebuilt along with T-5, 3.55 rear-end gears, powder coated frame and chassis parts, carbed chassis harness with a painless stand-alone EFI engine harness, autometer vintage gauges steet layout dash, 4-lug halibrand wheels.

I'll post some pics soon, I have to figure out how to do that.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, forgot to add new hood hinge kit to the list of options as well.

·
I built it myself
641 Posts
This is not a slam on FFR. They really do an amazing job with the number of components in each kit and the number of kits they ship each week. But...........If you ordered the PS Engineering wheels, you may want to call PS direct and see if FFR even ordered your wheels. I waited over 6 weeks only to find the order for my wheels was never sent to PS. A phone call to Phil at PS then from Phil to FFR got the paperwork moving and Phil made up my wheels and shipped them out in just a few days. Again FFR is really pretty good about shipping and filling backorders. My BO list was pretty short and I had everything sent within a few weeks of delivery of the kit. I just had my water temp gauge go out (mechanical) and one call to Chris (last Friday) at FFR had a new gauge and a call tag for the old one on it's way. Installed the new gauge today only a week after the initial call to FFR. That's pretty good service if you ask me.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Congrats!

FFR has been REAL GOOD about my back orders. I really think are making tremendous efforts to try and get back orders taken care of as quickly as possible. I received just about all of my back orders within 10 days or so of receiving the kit.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't really complain about the back order stuff either. I won't be ready for my build for a couple of weeks any way due to space in garage issues, however sand blasting donor parts and prepping them, as well as rebuilding the motor has kept me, and will keep me plenty busy while I wait for the parts! I will check on those wheels though. When I got my order confirmation, it showed that I order 10 inch wheels in back with 7 inch back space, but those are for T-Bird axles.
Made a few calls and the order was changed, FFR also said that if I didn't catch the mistake, PS probably would have called anyway to confirm the spacing anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts