Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed the seats in my (almost) rolling chassis... wow, those footboxes are SMALL!!

I am strongly considering buying FFmetal's "Grandslam Special" (extended firewall, DS & PS footboxes and battery box).

My question is, will this require me to buy new carpeting? I have not unpacked the carpeting box yet and I don't know if there is any excess that would allow for the increased footboxes.

I am also considering adding a left foot/dead-pedal extension to the DS footbox.

I am going to use 4x4 headers on my 302 and it looks like that is not an issue with ffmetal's kit.

Thanks in advance.

-Jon A.

PS

3 out of my 4 wheels and tires arrived yesterday... the 4th is "out for delivery"... I should have some rolling chassis pics tonight :D

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
I think you will be able to just cut a few small pieces out of black carpet to fill in the gaps. (Home depot boat carpet usually works!)

A lot of people spray black paint into any small gaps in the carpet and it hides it well.

I would definately do the bigger footboxes, FFR should showbigger footboxes as an option for small block ford builders.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,

My father and I were saying the same thing last night... they already had the dimensions for the larger footboxes for the MK I and II in their CNC machine, they should allow you to order it that way!!

Did you do the PS footbox mod? I don't remember it being as small as mine when you took me on the Foliage Run.

-Jon

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,626 Posts
I have FFmetal footbox in my Mrk II. I did have to do some patching, but there is enough trim left over from other pieces to fill the voids created by the bigger box. Also the carpet has a grain, be sure to try and match the grain whenever possible so it doesn't look like a patch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.