Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank ALL OF YOU for helping us get to this point in the battle against Shelby, Shelby Licensing and Shelby Trust. I need your help again. Our legal bills have exceeded the money raised.

I know times are tough for many of you, but I need some help building up our Legal Defense Fund because the next step in the lawsuit is going to be very expensive.

There are three ways you can help.

1.) You can make a donation through PayPal by clicking here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2647148

2.) If you want to send a check, please mail it to:

Bill Peirce
3939 Royal Drive NW, Suite 139
Kennesaw, GA 30144

3.) You can join the Supporting Membership by clicking here.

Our lawyer has tried to get Shelby's lawyer to settle this case, but without success. We're sending a settlement offer letter this week to the lawyer and we hope that his clients will see that settling with a fan site is the way to go. But if they won't settle, we're going to start prepping for a motion that could get us dismissed from this case AND try to recover our costs.

If you have read Shelby's complaint you'll know that they have the facts wrong about FFCars.com and have made some claims that are obviously frivolous. If they had done their due diligence they would have known this and we would not be in this suit.

We are even considering going after the lawyer for Shelby for continuing to include FFCars.com as a defendant in this lawsuit. We have offered proof that their claims are without merit yet he is not willing to drop us from the case, therefore he may be liable for our attorney's fees.

Please help if you can and if you can't, don't worry... we'll hit you up again if this madness keeps up.

It was nice to hearing the support for FFCars.com from so many people last weekend at the London Cobra Show. Many people are upset that Shelby is suing a fan site.

This is a new post, but a continuation of this post: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206492

Thanks again,

Bill

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Contributed via PayPal.
Wish it could have been more, but hope it helps.
Thanks for all you do and have done for us. Even the couple of times you've rapped me on the knuckles.
Good Luck

·
Charter Member
889 Posts
Forum Member Appeal

Posted for my fellow forum addicts, because Bill already knows. I became a lifetime supporting member on the first defense-fund appeal. I sent a paypal contribution on this appeal. I assume many others have contributed as I did and just not posted. I worry today, that the silent contributors' lack of "on-forum" statements and support may have helped some forum members retain their very tight (and understandable) grip on their wallets. I know times are tough (I may be laid off 7/16 myself) but ask yourself.... "What would your evenings, weekends, and build be like without this forum?" My favorite post in recent weeks is Pete Brock's response to a request to sign an FFR ---- "Sure, as long as Carroll hasn't signed it." Please contribute.

Ken

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Good point, Ken. Actually I became a lifetime supporting member as a result of Bill's appeal. I had planned on doing it in any event, but the appeal just provided that extra nudge to go ahead and get it done. In my humble opinion, 90% of the people building cars could either not complete the car or not to the level of quality they desire without the forum. I have built racecars, racebikes and all sorts of stuff in between and rely daily on the forum for tips on my build. I add my voice to Bill's and Ken's appeal to contribute. Do the right thing

·
Old No. 7
209 Posts
Good point, Ken. Actually I became a lifetime supporting member as a result of Bill's appeal. I had planned on doing it in any event, but the appeal just provided that extra nudge to go ahead and get it done. In my humble opinion, 90% of the people building cars could either not complete the car or not to the level of quality they desire without the forum. I have built racecars, racebikes and all sorts of stuff in between and rely daily on the forum for tips on my build. I add my voice to Bill's and Ken's appeal to contribute. Do the right thing
x2...Paypal contrib sent in...

Bill - best of luck with this foolishness.

Jack-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts