Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15,282 Posts
xtn -

Where are you in TX? I'm in Tyler now, moving to Houston late this summer. Seems there are plenty of FFR guys around the state -- I'm looking forward to joining the group.

Make sure you fill us in on your visit while you're there. I lived in Boston for a year before I ever gave the FFR project a thought, and hence never got a tour myself. Doh! I know they won't let you photo certain stuff, but maybe grab some pics for those of us living vicariously. Safe travels.

Cheers, John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm north of Dallas. FFR notified me that a bunch of them are going to be in Carlisle, PA this weekend. I guess I won't get to see as much as I had hoped for. Heck, it's better than NO visit anyway!

I'll take whatever pictures I am allowed to take.

xtn

·
Registered
8 Posts
xtn :) I am flying in Monday, tour on Tuesday. My first visit and I wanted to get ideas for final order. My Kit's born on day is June 19th, and my last changes are to be made by May 28th or 29th. So I wanted to see my options at the factory and pick up helpful tip before then. Maybe I will see you there. Gary

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently live back and forth between Sherman and Plano. I will be moving to McKinney in three months. It would be really cool to meet some of you semi-local guys.

I will be in the boston area only on Saturday and Sunday. I'm planning on ariving at FFR about 9:30 or 10:00 AM on Saturday. I assume they will kick me out around noon when they want to go home. I understand some of the staff will be in Carlisle that day, so they might not have enough muscle on hand to drag me out of the building.

xtn

·
3,760 Posts
xtn, get there by 9:00 if you can swing it. There will be guys picking up their kits that you can chat with too. I've been there several times now (for me, Factory Five is a five hour drive, but any Friday business in or near Beantown creates my excuse to visit again!). Last time I was there, I told Jesper he was going to have to drag me out the door, I didn't want to leave. You can feel the aura of really cool cars around that place. No matter how much time you have for your visit, you'll wish you had more.

Enjoy your trip, report back to us when you get home!

AJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
North Dallas newbie chiming in here!

Hey xtn - I live in McKinney and work in Richardson, similar daily commute. I plan on making the tour of FFR myself, but not until next year. I hope your trip goes well, I'm sure it will. Please post any pics you get from FFR. Let me know if you ever need a hand spinning wrenches on your build!

Hey CobraBuilding - it's good to know there are a handfull of you FFR owners in this area, I had no idea. Do you guys ever meet up or cruise? I'm pretty much sold on the FFR deal, I'd just like to get a closer look at some of these cars first hand and talk to some owners and get their impressions before I sell my pride and joy to fund one of these projects. I've only been reading this message board for a couple of weeks now and can't believe the loads of information that is available through this network of owners/builders. Looks like a great community.

Looking forward to learning more about these great machines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.