Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finished installing the festiva booster. Once I decided which direction to go it went together very easily.

I made an adapter plate to accomodate the different firewall bolt patterns. It bolt to the master cylinder perfectly. Once it is in you don't have to move or arrange anything, or cut any holes. solonoid stays, coil stays

The only modification came to the frame instead of cutting it out completely I notched it and then took a piece of 1/8" by 3/4" by about 8" long angle steel from home depot and welded it on the outside for extra strength.

Since the car is still in go kart stage I have only driven it around the block but the brakes feel like power brakes, which is better than they felt with the manual setup.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Ok what year booster and which M/C are you using?
Mike

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Master cylinder is from the mustang(89) and the booster was from the boxy style festiva, There was 7 of them out the local pin-n-pull, the booster cost 20.00 and took about 20 minutes to remove.

I left out a couple of modifications on the first post. One being the brake pedal the nob that hangs on the cobra must be cut off and then drill a hole as the new booster has a u shaped connector which I think is more practical.

The booster to brake pedal is adjustable as well.

You also need to lengthen the booster to mastercylinder bolt. I did this by buying a 2" 6mm bolt and shaping the hex head to fit. It is about 1" exactly to go in without pressuring the master cylinder.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pictures will be posted as soon as I get them developed. I know I should have a digital camera, but I don't.

Soon

Todd

·
Registered
183 Posts
Luis - how the hell are you??? Haven't heard from/about you in a while. Did you ever cut your pedal - you know if you do, you'll get good brakes. Regards!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
820 Posts
inman

yes i did cut the pedal but i still want better brakes :D

my cobra projects have taken too long and i have another one coming soon. i will make it to the reptile round up with a few of the guys from broward county, how about you guys? are you going?

cheers

luis

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have driven the car with the festiva booster and it does work just perfectly. And once the booster is in you don't have to modify the wheel well,

Dave any information on putting the pictures in would be great, as I have tried to figure it out without any luck.

I will post pictures as soon as I can

Todd

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
If you can e-mail them to me i will post them as soon as i get them!

Rgds

Rob

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Earl, yes I have some new pictures I just haven't gotten them posted, actually I don't have anywhere to post them. I could send them to you.

But I have driven the car around the block a few times, I'm still waiting for the body from srp.

And they seem to work great. Although I think I need to rebleed the brakes.

But when I turn the engine on the brake pedal goes in a bit and feels like power brakes are suppose to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts