Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I had the chance to drive a friend's FFR Cobra over the weekend and fell in love with the car. Now I am looking for a nice, reasonable, FFR Cobra in my area for sale. Please let me know if you are aware of any around central Illinois. Thanks!

Marty

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really interested in that right now, I need a quick fix. It is a possibility, but would rather buy a driver at this point.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Might help us if you told us where you're located and what your goals are. Big Block? Mod motor? Tracking / Cruising? Vintage look / Modern look? Budget is also a BIG constraint.

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
He mentions Central Illinois, as an area, but as mentioned, there sure are a lot of other considerations in picking out a car..Plan on doing track days, drag racing, auto-cross, or just street cruising? Picky about the color? Donor build Ok?

I see cars for sale quite regularly, so it shouldn't be hard to find one, depending on what you expect out of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they aren't quite as available around here as you might think. Closest big markets are Chicago area, where I have found a couple, and St. Louis area. Chicago is four hours-plus away and you never get quite the whole story via a phone call to the dealers. I have already been on several sites for these cars with little luck in what I am looking for from private owners. I figured I would find one and then make a definitive decision if it meets my rather simple goals.

I will define 'a driver'. Not a big block, not doing track days, drag racing or auto-cross. Just, driving. Nothing finicky or big and hot. I was not impressed with how hot these cars are, even with a 302 up front. So I am not looking for, nor need, a big engine. I have other toys to go fast in and on.

Not overly picky on color, does not need to be 'correct'. Just nicely built. My friend's was a donor with no problem. I really don't want to travel several states to be disappointed. Close to local would be nice. Dollar amount will depend upon what I think of the car.

I thoroughly enjoyed just cruising around in my friend's car on a cool fall day. I really would not have considered one of these cars prior to driving one. I had wanted to drive his Ford GT for the local Route 66 parade/car show, but am glad I took the Cobra. Much more fun than being stuck inside a wide, low, mid-engined car that you can't see the corners on.

As Doug said, I've tasted the Kool-Aid and want more. Just not in a funky flavor. Thanks to all with your suggestions and help.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Carsonline.com!

Thursday, Sept 27th--MCT, try Classic Cars For Sale and go to the replica section. There are usually many Cobra replicas of all different makes available there. You should be able to find something near your location. If a particular car is too far away to look at, you can usually find someone on the forum who is near enough to check out the car for you before you commit to a trip to look at it. Paul :grape:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.