Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some of the snakebites from the sidepipes. I had this terrible fear of wearing shorts in the Roadster. Well it was 110* all week that got me over it. Thanks to Mike Forte for the removeable steering wheel bits, it makes it way easier to get in or out, without frying my chcken legs??!! MMM fried Chicken!! Bob

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
You'll enjoy this....I've now driven 5272 about 300 miles. My son and I went out over the weekend with him driving. Now, I've mastered getting out of the driver's side unscathed. No burns. First time getting out of the passenger side....Friiiied chicken! Didn't even think about it. Stupid, yes. Will it happen to me again? Not likely. Do I warn EVERY passenger? You betcha.

(Anyone ever considered a Standard Release of Liability form for our passengers to sign?)

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
What, me fear shorts?

No way man! ;)

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Chicken???????? I thought it smells like BBQ ribs!!!

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Do you think the side pipe heat shields are as effective as wrapping the pipe in nomex?

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd wrap the leg in Nomex first , Bob

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you get the 1+1 System you never worry about shorts again!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Originally posted by cobranut1:
Do you think the side pipe heat shields are as effective as wrapping the pipe in nomex?
I don't think Nomex will help in such a burn. I believe it is designed to give momentary protection against a flash fireball type of situation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts