Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a FAST 4 barrel look alike EFI, Part Number 304149, and using TPS sensor Part Number 307028?

Can you please disconnect your tps sensor (round style) and tell me the ohm reading you have from pin 1 to 3. The internet is telling me for a stock sensor it should be 4.0k Ohms. Just want to make sure that the aftermarket stuff is the same. My reading right now is 6.5k Ohms.

Long story short, the car runs rich, has difficulty ideling when ambient air is cold. Idles high (1400 rpm) when ambient is hot. Pluged in the computer and watched the live data. The TPS reading stays at 2% all the time.

She also drives poorly as well, I feel like I'm draging a parachute behind me until I hit about 2200 rpm, then she takes off like a rocket. I'm assuming that at 2200 rpm the A/F becomes healthier and I start making power.

I have not checked my 5V input yet, or my ground.

Al

· Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Al,
I had EZ and switched to XFI.
Can you adjust the TPS sensor on the throttle body?
If so adjust so it is 5 volts at idle.
Also If I remember correctly there is a TPS calibration that can be done thru the hand held unit.
If the TPS is reading 2% at idle the ECU thinks you are off idle.
If you adjust the throttle screws to maintain idle you need to read set the TPS Calibration thru the setup wizard.
Did you select EZEFI Single in the setup wizard?

Did you drive car after setup. it may need to learn.
Do you have a Vacumm leak anywhere?
Are grounds to ECU good?

· Registered
113 Posts
Al,

Is this a new install?

Sorry I can't tell you what the TPS resistance is on the TBI tps because I run a multiport intake with a ford tps. If you didn't have any TPS feed back to the ECU, it would stall off idle.

But here are some things to check if you didn't already:

1. Are you sure the number your looking at for TPS open percentage is in fact the TPS percentage? The screen page number is near the TPS value and is 2. Allot of people see the screen number 2 and think its the TPS value.

2. Measure the resistance between the wiper and the wiper resting side of the TPS as you open and close the throttle. Putting your ohm meter between B & C on the TPS with the wiring harness disconnected should show 0-500 ohms at idle and 4-7K ohms at full throttle. All throttle openings in between idle and WOT should show a smooth proportional resistance on your meter.

3. Does a TPS calibration pass?

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rscocca: I am running the air only TB from FAST so as far as I can tell I have to put in the "other" selection when I get to the TB page. I bought some test leads and I am getting 5.01 vdc on pin 1 (supply) and my grounds are good. I'm getting a smooth rise in resistance when I move the throttle.

Aseecobra is correct, I was reading the page 2 by the % mark :001_rolleyes:. I have used the Ez EFI on my last set up with was a 5.0 style TB and then decided to switch to a carb look alike, while keeping my multi port. I had 12,200 miles on the last set up and haven't changed anything other then the TB. The TPS read out on the hand held says 00 all the time. The car doesnt stall, and there are no error codes from the ECU.

Played with it for 2 hours today, I managed to get the idle down to 1200 rpm, not sure how I did that. It doesn't smell as rich as it did before.

· Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Page 16 of the install manual--

1. START A NEW TUNE? YES will let you continue the setup wizard. NO will take you back to the main menu.
2. RESET ECU TO BASE TUNE? The Setup Wizard takes the answers to several basic questions and configures the ECU for your engine. Through the Advanced Options menu in the hand-held, you can adjust specific settings to your liking. Selecting YES at this prompt will overwrite those adjustments back to the pre-programmed starting points already contained in the ECU. It will also erase any learning the ECU has already done. Selecting NO will leave those adjustments and any learning in place and only perform the basic setup procedures – fueling and TPS calibration and setting idle speed.
The settings that will be reset by selecting
YES are:
Learning
Rev Limiter
Air/Fuel Ratio Targets
Accel Fuel Adjustments
Electric Fan Turn On Temperature
On a fresh installation either response is appropriate and gives the same results since there will have been no learning or adjustments made yet.
3. ENGINE CUBIC INCHES. Enter your engine size.
4. IDLE SPEED. Enter your desired idle speed. This can be adjusted independently later through the Advanced Options menu.
5. EZ-EFI® THROTTLE BODY? If using the EZ-EFI® Throttle Body, select EZEFI SINGLE. If using a dual quad setup with two EZ-EFI® Throttle Bodies, select EZEFI DUAL. If using an Inglese™ induction system, select INGLESE™ EFI. If using an EZ-EFI™ Jeep kit with two injectors, select EZEFI JEEP. Or if using some other arrangement of throttle body and injectors (such as a multi-port fuel injection setup), select OTHER.
6. INGLESE™ KIT PART NUMBER.
(Skipped if not using an Inglese™ induction system.) Select the injector kit part number purchased with the Inglese™ induction system.
7. NUMBER OF INJECTORS. (Skipped if using EZ-EFI® Throttle Bodies or an Inglese™ induction system.) Enter the number of injectors you are using.
8. INJECTOR FLOW AT 43 PSI. (Skipped if using EZ-EFI® Throttle Bodies or an Inglese™ induction system).

· Premium Member
1,947 Posts
With the key in the on position does the throttle reading change on the hand held if you press the pedal down?
If not, Ohm test the wires from the ECU to the TPS switch. I had a wire push out from the connector on time.

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The TPS on the hand held does not change no matter what I do. It reads 00 all the time. I'll check the pins. The question I have is that if I am missing feed back from the TPS wouldn't I get an Error Code on the hand held?

· Premium Member
1,947 Posts
You should get an error but, if you have the setup wizard thinking it is "OTHER" system you may not.

With the Key in the ON position, Check to see if you have power (5V)at one of the wires when it is unplugged from TPS. "Usually one of the wires towards the edge of the plug".
If not- check wire from that plug to TPS---
If yes ---see if you have a ground signal back to the ECU "Usually a black wire"
The center wire is usually the signal wire, This should have varying voltage as you open the throttle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.