Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have coupe #637 and am close to engine start in go cart config. The engine is Ford Racing 427 with FAST fuel injection. I am having a lot of difficulty in getting the injectors into the Edelbrock Super Victor EFI manifold supplied by FAST. They fit into the FAST fuel rails pretty easy with just finger pressure, but not the manifold. I tried just a touch of silicone lube with no success. Not using any tools so far so as not to damage the o rings. Any body have experience with this? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!
Terry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
I have coupe #637 and am close to engine start in go cart config. The engine is Ford Racing 427 with FAST fuel injection. I am having a lot of difficulty in getting the injectors into the Edelbrock Super Victor EFI manifold supplied by FAST. They fit into the FAST fuel rails pretty easy with just finger pressure, but not the manifold. I tried just a touch of silicone lube with no success. Not using any tools so far so as not to damage the o rings. Any body have experience with this? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!
Terry
Problem solved, my local mechanic said its fine to lube the O-rings with a generous amount of dielectric grease. Once I did that everything went together nicely!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts