Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in process of redoing my fan shroud. I think the original design was too close to the radiator to be effective. While looking at different mounting options I wanted to see if anyone has considered or already
made a shroud like this.
This mockup could accommodate two 10 inch fans. Not sure I like it or not but it could be done easily enough.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Jim

34CAA851-B38B-4A66-A2E8-FAA32F74299A.jpeg
C65EE338-B980-4B1C-9CAE-F111A630DA75.jpeg

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Wish I’d thought of that when I was building mine. Got it done in the end but didn’t have a lot of room to do so.
I like it!

John

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I’d thought of that when I was building mine. Got it done in the end but didn’t have a lot of room to do so.
I like it!

John
Thanks John,
I was looking at different ways to mount it and had never seen any like this so I thought I would ask. It should be simple to do but I would have to buy new fans
Jim

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
Looks like a great solution as long as you have a good seal to the radiator so the fans pull through it and dont pull from surrounding areas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice! And it looks like that should do the job

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a great solution as long as you have a good seal to the radiator so the fans pull through it and dont pull from surrounding areas.
The lower radiator hose would be my biggest concern, sealing around it.

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
Jim, what fan were you running in the original location? If it was the one that came with the kit, I found it didn’t pull enough air to cool my 347 with AC So I got a flexalite 16” 3000 cfm and it changed everything for the better. FWIW

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Jim, what fan were you running in the original location? If it was the one that came with the kit, I found it didn’t pull enough air to cool my 347 with AC So I got a flexalite 16” 3000 cfm and it changed everything for the better. FWIW
Maui,

Does that fit the same mounting pattern as the stock fan?
My 347 also runs warm with the stock fan even though I build a shroud.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a perma-cool fan which I think was around 3000 cfm. I also made a shroud but I don’t think it was spaced far enough away from the radiator. I can probably still use my fan and just move the shroud away from the radiator a little more but space is limited. That’s why I was interested to see if anyone had mounted fans as pictured. I’ve never had the coupe overheat but there have been times when I keep a close eye on the temp. gauge.

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
Maui,

Does that fit the same mounting pattern as the stock fan?
My 347 also runs warm with the stock fan even though I build a shroud.

Thanks,

John
John, No I had to modify my shroud a little to get it to fit the holes are a little different location. and it sticks up above my shroud a little more but Im going to have a new shroud made to accommodate it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just finished installing my fans as pictured in previous post. I used two 10 inch fans rated at 1450 CFM
each. I sealed the area around the radiator and used aluminum angle to support the shroud. Just took the coupe for a short ride to see how they worked. Air temperature was 86 degrees. I had the air conditioning
on and temp. held around 190-200. Only drove about three miles so I will have to do some more driving to test further. One drawback was the area of the hood directly over the fans gets very hot.
Jim

F89F2DB4-C3CF-4AEF-8ECF-048A8D6485FB.jpeg A3F55470-D6C4-4E56-BB76-C7A1D32ED04E.jpeg 50E4FA06-19BF-4030-8F55-40704215FF88.jpeg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts