Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been beaten to death, but I couldn't find any diagrams. Here's a bunch of fan wiring questions.

I have a Perma-Cool automatic fan switch. Part number 19001. You can see it here.
http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page19.html

The sensor is supposed to mount to the upper radiator hose. They say it's best to have it close to the Thermostat...but that would be ugly. This unit turns on at 170 degrees.

1) Would the water be that much cooler if I mounted it at the hose that connects closest to the radiator or even on FFR supplied alum. tube? Then the unit & wires would be out of site.

2) Can you confirm if this diagram I made up is right? If not, tell me what to correct before I go putting this thing in tomorrow.

"]http://www.ffrcobra.com/Dan_babb/FanWiring.JPG[/IMG][/url]

3) The perma-cool part came with an inline fuse..they show it on the ground wire after the frame. Is that right? I didn't know you would put a fuse on the ground side.

4) Where's the best place to mount the relay...should I just drill a small hole into the side of the shroud and zip tie it there?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the diagram wrong, or did I not get the best type of automatic switch?

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
We use the Hayden adjustable controller and put the probe in the radiator, just below the outlet and a couple of inches away from the tank. The controller is adjustable and also has the an override normally used for the AC. We hook it to a switch on the dash for anytime you want to run the fan full time, open track or autocross between runs. We adjust so the fan kicks on an off where it keeps the engine cool but does not run on and on after engine shut off. HTH, Cheers Richard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chris,

Can you post the right way or e-mail it to me? I'm at that point right now.

Thanks,
Carl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts