Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received the subject tech update with the spacers in case of a problem with short axles? Well, I did. Have not yet checked to see if the fix is needed, but am somewhat dismayed that if it is required and if my choice is to have new correct length axles, it will cost me $40 per. Cant understand why it should cost me more due to lack of quality control on the part of FF. But there is not a whole lot one can do about it I suppose. My car will be used on the track and frankly the comfort level with using spacers to lengthen the axle is somewhat disconcerting. Of course if at high speed something breaks causing damage to the car, other drivers cars or me, then something could be done. Kind of like the original glass hatches that were improperly tempered and could have severely injured people, found by a customer, not FF. To their credit, FF took the blame and made it right on that one.

· Registered
3,196 Posts

· Registered
901 Posts
I received the fix and read the instructions. Originally the rear track was to be set at 59.250 from hub face to hub face that is from where the disk mounts. And now that has changed to 58.875 from the outside of the disk mounting surface which is another .281 per side. So the rear track has changed .468 smaller per side which should make any other change unnecessary. But is the new narrower rear track going to cause any other issue with the rear tires hitting any body work?

Bill Lomenick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.