Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does Factory Five Racing the company itself have any pro racing teams? Where can we get the races if so? What organiztion?

Any teams using factory five cars? Again any links to pro races?

I do watch people's autocross and some track days, drag stuff like that but it would be cool to see a different aspect of racing.

What classes do people typically race the Mks roadsters, 289 and challenge cars in? Any if the cars? So when I check out races I can narrow it down so I can try to find potential races that might include them.

Just curious?

Jason

·
Charter Member
6,158 Posts
Challenge and modified challenge cobras run in nasa TTU, ST1 and 2 and SU. All club racing. My car runs in TTU.

There is a heavily modified GTM running in a pro IMSA TA, I think

This car

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Awesome Trevor thank you

I remember now reading about the GTM thank you for reminding me.

With race season approaching I would like to find some races to watch with FFR cars in them.

This day and age just about everything broadcast and available on the interwebs. I'm sure I can find something consistent to follow and become a fan.

I bet racing like that is unbelievable!

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aug 8 and 9th NASA at Joiliet Il about an hour from my house. Awesome, I will plan on going.

There is already a FFR car listed in the entry

Lyle RiggenGreat Lakes RegionSuper Touring 2factory five cobra'0011

·
3,589 Posts
That might be something to check out! Not too far from me!

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,260 Posts
Many years ago, there used to the the FFR Challenge series, with cars build to simple but rigid specifications, but ultimately, the series ended, and was folded into NASA.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That might be something to check out! Not too far from me!
Might be a good chance meet up.

Hopefully I am driving my car this summer. I would like to meet up sometime. Even if I'm not I would like to meet and check your car out.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,260 Posts
If you are in thew North East, I am a NASA Instructor, and do many meets.

I will be at PITT RACE at some point this year with the car.

·
3,589 Posts
Might be a good chance meet up.

Hopefully I am driving my car this summer. I would like to meet up sometime. Even if I'm not I would like to meet and check your car out.
We can do that! I’ll also be driving to Texas in March and Open House along with London in June!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts