Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious (waiting for parts to come) how to remove the shifter knob. I bought a knew one. White ball with a black cobra insignia. I'm not sure if I will use it or not and I wanted to see how it looked.

I see the ffr knob has two fasteners that attach the black plastic portion to the metal portion.

I stuck several allen wrenches in there I do not have a small screw driver.

Anyone know what loosens the fasteners?

Jason

·
Not a waxer
11,879 Posts
There are not fasteners in those holes. The chrome ring below the black knob simply serves as a jambnut and the knob screws against it. Turn the knob counterclockwise while holding the ring stationary.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are not fasteners in those holes. The chrome ring below the black knob simply serves as a jambnut and the knob screws against it. Turn the knob counterclockwise while holding the ring stationary.

Jeff
Ok l thank you let me try

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that was simply easy. Thank you. Since its supper easy. I think I will have a couple different knobs just cause I cant decide.

20200214_171859.jpg

I like the red with white stripes too. And maybe a brushed aluminum one too.

This one looks awesome!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Here is the one I use matches the cars skin.

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I got a letter last week from shifter knob manufacturer that despite their best efforts to negotiate Ford has discontinued their license agreement to use the Cobra logo. I can sell what is in stock but after that no more Cobra logo shift knobs.
I have not discussed with the manufacturer yet. Wonder what Ford's logic an motivation was on that decision.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a letter last week from shifter knob manufacturer that despite their best efforts to negotiate Ford has discontinued their license agreement to use the Cobra logo. I can sell what is in stock but after that no more Cobra logo shift knobs.
I have not discussed with the manufacturer yet. Wonder what Ford's logic an motivation was on that decision.
Bummer. Well I'm happy I got one!!

·
1,066 Posts
Going to order another one in different color, right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts