Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
---SOLD---factory five mrk 3.1 cobra replica---SOLD---

This is a cobra replica that was purchased from Factory Five in 2007 in the form of a kit. It was called the Mrk 3.1 package. It was built in 2007-2008 and is titled in NJ as a 2008 Roadster. The car has a fuel injected 302, 5 liter engine and a t-5 transmission from a 1990 Mustang GT. The motor has high mileage (although the transmission has been rebuilt) yet still runs like a top. The engine, transmission, rear differential, radiator shroud, front spindles (1995 mustang gt) and gas tank shroud were not new at the time of the build. The remaining components to complete the car were new.

This car has an independent rear suspension with an 8.8 center section. The car has tubular upper and lower control arms at both front and rear with Koni coil over shocks. This car has power steering from Breeze Automotive but it does not have power brakes. This car is a great toy as it is light weight and therefore very fast and fun! Feel free to e-mail or call for much more detail if you are interested or have any questions. Asking $22,000 or best offer.

Feel free to request additional pictures via PM Car is in Basking Ridge, NJ

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Banned
669 Posts
Cobra for sale

All over it....:001_tt1:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Curious...

I'm looking for a built car to buy. However, Im curious to know if the guys who say the car is listed too low, would say that if they were looking for a car to buy. I am willing to bet not. IMO the seller realized some of the major parts were not new and priced it as he or she sees fit. I'm sure if I owned a car I might feel the same way, but why get in the way of others trying to accomplish their dream of owning a Cobra Replica? I guess I feel that people buy THESE cars to have fun, hoping in the end to maybe break even when they sell. You simply can't put a price on the memories if you love cars the way I do.

my 2 cents..

Owen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheap car

Cobra come home.These gentlemen may feel that I'm helping drive down the general market value of a (Factory Five)car of this description by selling it for less than its average value. They may be right and this is not my intention. I've received more pm's than I can respond too (partially because I can't type) since this car was posted for sale. This gives me the impression it's priced too low.

Why should these fellows who have said my asking price is too low try to help a buyer over a seller? I appreciate their input and also understand your point of view. I'd prefer not to take a larger hit than I have too on this sale. This does not mean that I or others on this for sale thread are trying to get in the way of you accomplishing your dream. I am one of the many sellers that is looking to get fair market value for their car. You'd mentioned some sellers hoping to break even on their sale. I will tell you that is very unusual and certainly not the case in this sale. The buyer will get all the receipts to prove that. there are many details about the car that are not in the listing (obviously).

Doug Meldrum: I am considering editing the price but I have two guys looking to give asking price and one guy offering more. I'll see how these leads pan out. Lets keep in mind obo means- or best offer- which can be above asking price I believe. None of these potential buyers have seen the car in person yet.

Thanks to all and regards!

·
Banned
669 Posts
Not at all

CobraComeHome

The answer to you is no, no one their right mind will tell the seller, hey by the way i will give you more money than what your are asking because i think the car is priced to low; quite the opposite, people are still going to try to squeeze some money out of the poor fellow; its just human nature.

The only time I can foresee this will happen is if two buyers want the car and the seller tells them both; buyer A is willing to give me 22k. Then buyer B raises the stakes and more than likely will offer to pay 23k if the car is worth it. Is it ethical to do that considering the asking price was set and someone was willing to give him full price? Maybe not, but he does not have to sell the car for what someone wants to pay, he sells the car for what ever he wants.

Members, although mean well by advising, are not aware in what condition the car is in. This person/seller knows what he has. Only he knows the good the bad and the ugly and priced it right for what he believes. Again, because the advise was offered without even knowing about the car know he finds himself asking a lot more and no one is buying as of yet. I think Bill nailed it on the head, there is not blue book for cobras or kit cars for that matter. All of our cars are worth what we think based on what we have done and on the options we have installed and just cause one sold for $25k or even $30k does not necessarily mean that they will all sell the same. The labor in putting these cars together, for those of us who have; does not mean anything. We all know that the time we spent on these projects do not really count when it comes to pricing the car.

Honestly I have been after this car since day one. I have offered full price no questions asked, I don't even want to see it. In this case, the seller has already shown the car to several people following the advice of members that the car is priced too low and unfortunately has come across people have let him down. So in conclusion, is better to have one bird int he cage than two flying. I am next in line after two people see it on the weekend, if no one bites then its mine.

I'm looking for a built car to buy. However, Im curious to know if the guys who say the car is listed too low, would say that if they were looking for a car to buy. I am willing to bet not. IMO the seller realized some of the major parts were not new and priced it as he or she sees fit. I'm sure if I owned a car I might feel the same way, but why get in the way of others trying to accomplish their dream of owning a Cobra Replica? I guess I feel that people buy THESE cars to have fun, hoping in the end to maybe break even when they sell. You simply can't put a price on the memories if you love cars the way I do.

my 2 cents..

Owen

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Honestly I have been after this car since day one. I have offered full price no questions asked, I don't even want to see it. In this case, the seller has already shown the car to several people following the advice of members that the car is priced too low and unfortunately has come across people have let him down. So in conclusion, is better to have one bird int he cage than two flying. I am next in line after two people see it on the weekend, if no one bites then its mine.
Yet there are others here who saw more value in the car and offered more for it off line, thus allowing the car to go to an enthusiastic end user who will get years of enjoyment out of it.

Enough said.

Bill S.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The seller has been nothing but quick to respond and more than helpful. I wish I was little more prepared...Im only an hour from the seller:sad: My time will come!! Best of luck to the new owner!! Seems like you picked a winner!

Owen

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
While not trying to be a trouble make, some here are known to make a good buy, then turn right around and jack the price and resell.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Lol

Bill, i thought that we had put our difference behind us. You know, water under the bridge... I guess not, but just so you know your name came about not as an insult to you but to actually bring to light that what you wrote on your sticky about how to price your car kind of holds ground in this post. By the way, the seller has been honest and that's why the price has stayed at the first advertized price. He is still willing to honor that price and follow the order in which the offers have been made to the forum members. He followed the advise of forum members but only to the other ad he has on craigslist.

Now, since you have not been a good sport, here is a little piece of my mind....

You are sure an example of "the kettle calling the pot black". Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you buy cars for a living, negotiate them down and then flip them for profit? I mean, there is noting wrong with that but inst that something.... Hmmmmm..... Lets look at the history shall we.....

In this link we had a bidding war, looks like under bidding if you ask me... And if i remember correctly, i don't even think you bought the car from him but you sure kept me from getting it.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fac...rcity-lines/298428-mkii-sale-23-000-00-a.html

Shucks... in this link you actually wanted to purchase a car from me. Looking back in this forum is like an old high-school book. Well ill be darn, come to think of it, you have tried to buy 3 cobras from me. You must be a true heart enthusiast and with a big barn.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fac...-intercity-lines/297262-looking-new-home.html

And can you get any better than this. Here is a link of you telling someone to look at the sticky that you wrote; which is where I got the comment you quoted me on in the first place.. Lets see shall we..

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...026-establishing-selling-price-ffr-cobra.html

I was also trying to find the one when you found an unfinished MK1 brand new never started. I think the guy was asking $12k or something to that nature. You called the guy, offered him $5k.. The guy then sees there was so much activity because you placed a link of his post on this site. Then he raises the price to $16k, then you bash him one more time.... WOW, talk about hypocrite. I think one of the comments you made was, and i quote " do you see the price, well cut it in half then cut in half again and that's what I pay".

My bad Bill, my paying full asking price for this cobra; regardless of what the car is worth or that he may have under priced it, it's still full price and a whole lot better than what you have done in this forum. Shame on you...

And before you come out with the honesty speech, which you like to freely throw around; ask yourself why do you think you use the word honesty so much. Hmmmm, some reverse philology for you. Anytime you need to justify you are honest, you already know you are doing something wrong. Honesty comes, and if you are honest, people will see it, recognize it and appreciate it. No need to remind anyone, honest people just do and do not seek recognition.

Bill I really hope that this does not get passed this. I think we are both adults and even at our age differences we can both learn from this. if you have to say anything i would appreciate if you PM me, i will gladly delete this post after you do. And please, for all of the forum members, please do not ad more wood to this fire. I know that i may have not set a good example of sportsmanship in bashing Bill and i admit it, but i do have my reasons.

Yet there are others here who saw more value in the car and offered more for it off line, thus allowing the car to go to an enthusiastic end user who will get years of enjoyment out of it.

Enough said.

Bill S.

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Disclaimer: I have not had any coffee, so I may ramble a bit with this response.

No bad blood at all, just stating what I know about these cars at this price point. usually I do not go after the publicly offered cars, as everyone knows I fix them up and flip them for a small 2-4K profit (the value is in what I fix or change for the better). I buy the cars people offer me in private, they knowing that I am buying "as is, where is" removing their liability for the items they have disclosed to me that are wrong, me having the know how to fix those issues and then resell the car. There are several long term members with this type of reputation, then their are one or two short term members like yourself seeing the value of the lower priced cars and attempting to flip them for larger profits, again, capitalism at it's best, no harm or foul in doing so if you can find a seller willing to take the quick way out and not wait at least a week or two to find a buyer willing to offer more, again seeing the value of what is being offered. I was just like you once, then saw the community as a whole and stepped away from the greed side of things, still turned profit, but still allowed the lower end of the buyer spectrum to benefit. Perhaps over time you will as well, again, no harm, no foul in my book, just calling it like I see it.

Heck, to be honest, I believe in the last two years, I've only purchased four Cobras, two FFR's, the FIA, and the latest 427SC ERA (717) that needs motor work (currently using a quart of oil every 200 miles). You can see 717 on cobracountry. For the record, I paid full asking price, and had at least 4 other people behind me willing to do the same.

Back to this particular car, since we have successfully hijacked his thread, I did counsel both the seller, and at least two potential buyers (maybe three, far too many PM's and emails on the subject these days), told at least two of those people that if they really wanted the car to offer more than the asking price to successfully snatch a place on the list of people the owner would contact quickly.From being involved with these cars from the start, and having brokered well over 40 Cobra kit deals, people seek me out and ask for advice (free for the asking by the way, always has been, always will be)

Again, I see the value not only for a educated seller, but an educated buyer as well..I might be a seller/buyer myself, but have the enthusiasm to differentiate the two and not always be the salesman. This attitude predates the internet, as I live by my sig line, keeps me safe, and sane at the same time........

Now it's time for coffee (you can never have too much coffee :D).

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

Bill, i thought that we had put our difference behind us. You know, water under the bridge... I guess not, but just so you know your name came about not as an insult to you but to actually bring to light that what you wrote on your sticky about how to price your car kind of holds ground in this post. By the way, the seller has been honest and that's why the price has stayed at the first advertized price. He is still willing to honor that price and follow the order in which the offers have been made to the forum members. He followed the advise of forum members but only to the other ad he has on craigslist.

Now, since you have not been a good sport, here is a little piece of my mind....

You are sure an example of "the kettle calling the pot black". Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you buy cars for a living, negotiate them down and then flip them for profit? I mean, there is noting wrong with that but inst that something.... Hmmmmm..... Lets look at the history shall we.....

In this link we had a bidding war, looks like under bidding if you ask me... And if i remember correctly, i don't even think you bought the car from him but you sure kept me from getting it.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fac...rcity-lines/298428-mkii-sale-23-000-00-a.html

Shucks... in this link you actually wanted to purchase a car from me. Looking back in this forum is like an old high-school book. Well ill be darn, come to think of it, you have tried to buy 3 cobras from me. You must be a true heart enthusiast and with a big barn.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fac...-intercity-lines/297262-looking-new-home.html

And can you get any better than this. Here is a link of you telling someone to look at the sticky that you wrote; which is where I got the comment you quoted me on in the first place.. Lets see shall we..

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...026-establishing-selling-price-ffr-cobra.html

I was also trying to find the one when you found an unfinished MK1 brand new never started. I think the guy was asking $12k or something to that nature. You called the guy, offered him $5k.. The guy then sees there was so much activity because you placed a link of his post on this site. Then he raises the price to $16k, then you bash him one more time.... WOW, talk about hypocrite. I think one of the comments you made was, and i quote " do you see the price, well cut it in half then cut in half again and that's what I pay".

My bad Bill, my paying full asking price for this cobra; regardless of what the car is worth or that he may have under priced it, it's still full price and a whole lot better than what you have done in this forum. Shame on you...

And before you come out with the honesty speech, which you like to freely throw around; ask yourself why do you think you use the word honesty so much. Hmmmm, some reverse philology for you. Anytime you need to justify you are honest, you already know you are doing something wrong. Honesty comes, and if you are honest, people will see it, recognize it and appreciate it. No need to remind anyone, honest people just do and do not seek recognition.

Bill I really hope that this does not get passed this. I think we are both adults and even at our age differences we can both learn from this. if you have to say anything i would appreciate if you PM me, i will gladly delete this post after you do. And please, for all of the forum members, please do not ad more wood to this fire. I know that i may have not set a good example of sportsmanship in bashing Bill and i admit it, but i do have my reasons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

Hello all! It looks like the car is sold but I'll leave it up until the deal is through.

I'd like to clarify a few things regarding a post from "compunetexpress" (post #9).
I'm usually not one to complain or go tit for tat but It seems he may have problems with facts and recollection of things that we discussed on the phone and then quoted them incorrectly in his earlier post.

-compunetexpress quote- "no one their right mind will tell the seller, hey by the way i will give you more money than what your are asking"

Wrong- Two already have.

Quote- " quite the opposite, people are still going to try to squeeze some money out of the poor fellow; its just human nature."

Correct- But obviously not all people.

-compunetexpress quote- "Is it ethical to do that considering the asking price was set and someone was willing to give him full price? Maybe not "

Wrong- How is the asking price set? What part of "or best offer" don't you understand?

-compunetexpres quote- " because the advise was offered without even knowing about the car know he finds himself asking a lot more and no one is buying as of yet. "

Wrong again- I never asked for more money. I simply told them I was offered more. I thought I told you that?
As of Thursday night it's been sold for above my asking price. If this deal falls through then I will move to the next from craigslist and ffcars. Lets remember this was on craigslist for a week before I put it on ffcars (the 3rd pm I received was from compunetexpress).

-compunetexpress quotes- " I have offered full price no questions asked. "

Wrong- You asked plenty of questions. Yes you did offer to buy it "sight unseen".

-compunetexpress quote- " the seller has already shown the car to several people following the advice of members that the car is priced too low and unfortunately has come across people have let him down. "

Wrong- I've showed it to one person. He's the guy that asked me to have the clear title in my hand and showed up with a truck and trailer. The other guy cancelled. I thought I told you that? If i said I showed it to two people I was mistaken. The other postponed till today. The guy I just showed it to wanted to match the buyers price and buy it out from under him but of course it is already sold. If the buyer falls through I will sell it to this man.

No offense "computenexpess" as I too have memory issues from time to time. If you were hazy or confused on our conversation I would have gladly refreshed your memory in a pm or another phone call but you brought it out in this thread so I had to do the same.

Regards to all and thanks again to all that helped me!

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Congratulations on the sale and the back up for the same. :beerchug:

Sincerely,

Bill S.

PS: Even though you sold the car, you should still swing by the NJ/PA monthly cobra breakfast in Chester, NJ :)

Hello all! It looks like the car is sold but I'll leave it up until the deal is through.

I'd like to clarify a few things regarding a post from "compunetexpress" (post #9).
I'm usually not one to complain or go tit for tat but It seems he may have problems with facts and recollection of things that we discussed on the phone and then quoted them incorrectly in his earlier post.

-compunetexpress quote- "no one their right mind will tell the seller, hey by the way i will give you more money than what your are asking"

Wrong- Two already have.

Quote- " quite the opposite, people are still going to try to squeeze some money out of the poor fellow; its just human nature."

-compunetexpress quote- "Is it ethical to do that considering the asking price was set and someone was willing to give him full price? Maybe not "

Wrong- How is the asking price set? What part of "or best offer" don't you understand?

-compunetexpres quote- " because the advise was offered without even knowing about the car know he finds himself asking a lot more and no one is buying as of yet. "

Wrong again- I never asked for more money. I simply told them I was offered more. I thought I told you that?
As of Thursday night it's been sold for above my asking price. If this deal falls through then I will move to the next from craigslist and ffcars. Lets remember this was on craigslist for a week before I put it on ffcars (the 3rd pm I received was from compunetexpress).

Wrong- You asked plenty of questions. Yes you did offer to buy it "sight unseen".

-compunetexpress quote- " the seller has already shown the car to several people following the advice of members that the car is priced too low and unfortunately has come across people have let him down. "

Wrong- I've showed it to one person. He's the guy that asked me to have the clear title in my hand and showed up with a truck and trailer. The other guy cancelled. I thought I told you that? If i said I showed it to two people I was mistaken. The other postponed till today. The guy I just showed it to wanted to match the buyers price and buy it out from under him but of course it is already sold. If the buyer falls through I will sell it to this man.

No offense "computenexpess" as I too have memory issues from time to time. If you were hazy or confused on our conversation I would have gladly refreshed your memory in a pm or another phone call but you brought it out in this thread so I had to do the same.

·
Banned
669 Posts
cobra for sale

Congrats on the sale. Touché on the post...

Another one bites the dust..

Wrong- Two already have.

·
Premium Member
16,502 Posts
compunetexpress,
With all due respect it is pretty clear from your posting history here that you spend the majority of your time in the classified section either buying or selling/flipping stuff. Hard pressed to find more than a couple of your posts that weren't in the classifieds. So I can see why you might not want anyone expressing that someone is selling a car or item for less than they should but that is what contributing members of a community will do. In many cases people are selling at lower prices to pay it back to contributing members of the community or in the hope their toy will go to a good home.

The fact that you are interested in something is a pretty clear indication it is under priced. :lol:

Cheers, Rod

·
Banned
669 Posts
Hence the quote "look at the kettle calling the pot black" I never denied it, and after the last bashing I got I have not posted a single car on the forum. Ill take it like a man.

But just to set the record straight, this is the classified ad section right? I mean, I have bought cars that have been in horrible conditions that have been posted without even a single post from anyone. Hmmmmm, seems like a double standard. So its OK for me to buy cars that are not to others standards but when a good deal comes along I have to pass it and wait until everyone rejects it so I can take it. Ok, fair enough...

So please, can someone share light with me and give me an indication as to when it is ok for me to make an offer on a deal. Just keep in mind that a seller has needs. So is a week after posting a good time line. maybe wait for two to three posts. Please share with me.

By the way, I am looking to maybe get this one http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fac...lines/339954-mk-iii-28-500-new-hampshire.html does anyone have any objections?

Bill, you were right after all.. this thread has been high jacked.

compunetexpress,
With all due respect it is pretty clear from your posting history here that you spend the majority of your time in the classified section either buying or selling/flipping stuff. Hard pressed to find more than a couple of your posts that weren't in the classifieds. So I can see why you might not want anyone expressing that someone is selling a car or item for less than they should but that is what contributing members of a community will do. In many cases people are selling at lower prices to pay it back to contributing members of the community or in the hope their toy will go to a good home.

The fact that you are interested in something is a pretty clear indication it is under priced. :lol:

Cheers, Rod

1 - 20 of 22 Posts