Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I too was a long time lurker looking at several different cobra 'suppliers'. A couple of the deciding points on my decision to go with a FFMK4 in no particular order..

-The engineering and design/improvements that were done to the frame. The fact that there was a Spec racing series around these cars with no extra alterations other then some rollover protection speaks volumes. As a side note I'm sure you can find it in the archives but Dave Smith flipped a early version roadster at a run and gun event (I think). If memory serves me correct, they flipped the car back over, applied several layers of duct tape and Dave went on to win the event. Not something I'd want to go through with an original frame design.
-The idea that I can personalize the car to my own tastes....If I'm building a car, I want to make it my own....lots and lots of great builds out there.
-The forum support for the FF cars. Hands down the best forum support period. As stated above...pretty well any challenges you run into have been covered here from some fantastic people willing to share their expertise and knowledge.
-Price Point...yes the Superformance/Shelby 4000 series etc are some really nice cars....but I'm betting I can get a very nice driver that I'm not afraid to drive and still pay respect to the originals for about 1/4 to 1/3 the price of some others...

my 2 cents for what its worth...Cheers!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just went and looked at the Unique website. The first thing I noticed was the frame. A lot less structure to it compared to a F5.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Factory Five is on their MK4, and they say there won't be a MK5 because there are not enough improvements left to make one. It's as good as it's gonna get.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Factory Five is on their MK4, and they say there won't be a MK5 because there are not enough improvements left to make one. It's as good as it's gonna get.
Lol I can't tell if that's pro FFR like they made a perfect kit and nothing more can be done.

Or

Why buy it because there not improving anymore.

Ha!

I hope it's the 1st.

Jason

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I don't think it's a negative at all. Dave has publicly stated there won't be new major versions of the Roadsters, e.g. Mk5 or whatever, because of the maturity of the product and experience with 10,000+ built. But that hasn't prevented them from continuously making improvements. Like the re-tooled body introduced with the 25th Anniversary edition. Cleaned things up and specifically addressed the rear lights and famous trunk lid/license plate issue. Also said that was because they're focusing on other new products and versions, like the already released Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Hot Rod, Pickup, upcoming F9R, etc.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts