Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't new, but I needed to get moving on this so the interior could be started. I think they came out pretty good. I made some patterns out of poster board, then started trimming the pattern until they fit. Then cut the panels out of some .040 aluminum. John

·
2,746 Posts
Nice work!

I gotta make a note to do this when the time comes, don't want a bunch of water up my back.

CW

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Looks nice. I wish there were nicer looking panels for the front wheel wells. It would give the car more of a production look.

CW,
I didn't make panels like that, but I was able to seal up the cockpit well using GreatStuff. Once it dried, I cut it with a blade and then painted the entire wheel well with rubberized black coating from a spray can.

It looks clean and no water hits my back when I hit puddles.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
John, I really like that! What did you use for the trim along the edge?

Mike M.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Huckleberry5:
John, I really like that! What did you use for the trim along the edge?

Mike M.
I was going to use the regular bulb seal, but This stuff was there, so I decided to use it. I think it was supposed to go around the trunk opening, but I used some other stuff for the trunk.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sometime back someone posted that they installed front Wheel well skirting from Alex's Custom Roadster Interiors. They were a preliminary design, a test fit, so Alex's Custom Roadster Interiors did not have them up on their website just yet but the post said they would shortly. I have been looking ever since and I still do not see this product listed. It would answer the question in the thread on what to do to seal off the front wells at least.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
Those look great! The metal extensions are a nice touch.

Not to hijack but since someone asked:

I have the prototype fender panels from Alex's Custom Roadster Interiors on my car. I'm extremely happy with the simplicity and fit. My car is a MKII body, they are just waiting to test a MKIII to see if they need to make two separate kits due to the slightly different width of the fender wells.

They look VERY production by blacking out most of the inside of the fender area. A little black paint on the inside F panels and it's complete.

They just got a ton of pics of them on my car about a week ago. I'd expect them to be up on their site any time. Just call them if you'd like to order a set now. I'm sure they can help.

[ July 20, 2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: David G. ]

·
Registered
82 Posts
The inner fender liners will be available soon. We have a few things to do first. They are made of 1/8" black ABS plastic. All of the outer edges have rubber bulb seal. Last week David G. came by after a thorough road test and we took some good pics. I'll post some of them when I get off work. We still need to fit to the Mk III and finish the web page for them. I have been working with our suppliers to get price breaks for large quantities. I want to sell a complete set of 4 w/ install hardware for about $150, about what retail cost would be just for materials.

Alex

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here are some pics of the fender liners that we did for David's car. Sorry they're a little late, had a few brewskies after work.

Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.