Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm not much of a blogger but I have a question on fuel tank and pump choices.
my son helped me set my ffr standard tank in place last night. I installed the pick up unit and the sender unit, vent and stuff... I noticed the return line had a rubber plug on the inside portion of the pipe. ** question? if im going to use an inline external fuel pump which one would be a good choice ? I have 490 horse 427sb and will be using the throttle body fuel injection by holley terminator efi...
also , do I need a return line to be used on this and remove the that plug ?

sorry for the boring questions but I need to get my butt moving on this sexy beast!

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts
First off, I’m going to try to talk you out of an external pump. I’ve used a 190 lph pump and I’m so tired of having issues with it I’m installing an in-tank pump. It is installed below the trunk and I’ve had vapor locking issues from the beginning. If you decide to go external make the run from the tank to the pump as short as possible. Check the efi specs for a fuel line requirements. The return line “plug” should be just a one way rubber valve for the fuel to be returned to the tank. Take a look at it to confirm (it should have a flat end with a slit).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts