Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been some discussion on this already, but wanted to reach out to you guys for some more help on the noise level of the factory supplied mufflers. I contacted the Factory and they said that they no longer provide the glass packed mufflers and are now providing the chamber style mufflers on the hot rod kit. I took delivery of my kit late 2013 and was supposed to have the earlier version mufflers. I didn’t experience any fiber glass blowing out of them on the first start.

The problem is they were way too loud. I replaced them with Magnaflow 11225 and had the muffler shop weld everything in place to seal up all the leaks. The problem is it sounds the same… LOUD! I was hoping to get that nice deep tone from the Magnaflows, but instead it just sounds like a lot of noise to me.

Has anyone out there installed something different?

·
Registered
129 Posts
My '33 runs with Magnaflows and a ceramic coated exhaust system, Coyote powered and plenty of sound insulation including the trunk. The exhaust note is unobtrusive to say the least when cruising but rumbles under acceleration. Mine is a roadster with rear exit tail pipes. I believe you are going with the hardtop and this, plus engine choice might explain the difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My '33 runs with Magnaflows and a ceramic coated exhaust system, Coyote powered and plenty of sound insulation including the trunk. The exhaust note is unobtrusive to say the least when cruising but rumbles under acceleration. Mine is a roadster with rear exit tail pipes. I believe you are going with the hardtop and this, plus engine choice might explain the difference.
Good point. I am running the hardtop with rear exit pipes. The engine is a 4.6 3V and automatic transmission. I have had experience with this engine before, however it was in the original Mustang GT.

Maybe I need more sound deadening before spending more money in swapping out mufflers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts