Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting serious about cutting down the heat issues on my car... during the summer (in AZ), I lost my AC compressor, and melted shift cables due to heat in the engine compartment. I'm going to shield the new cables with the metallic tubing from Summit (Richard's idea I think). I'm Adding side and bottom NACA Ducts (From Shane) and had my Kooks exhaust (Headers and all the way back to the tips) Ceramic coated, also removed the cats to send the heat out instead of holding it...(should sound nice, and add HP too)

My question is, should I wrap the exhaust too? Or do you guys think that ceramic and the other changes will be enough? I've already sacrificed the nice stainless looks for functionality, so wrapping wont look much worse. I know that some say that it just holds in the heat, and maybe the ceramic coating should get air to cool it... Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have the between strikes louvers from Shane on the Difuser also dont have anything in the exhaust tip area, and use the RRF "front grill material for my sides... I.m thinking that everything combined, it will have a better chance...

Thoughts on wrapping the headers and pipes??? or is the ceramic coat enough???

Thanks

Jon #240

·
Senior Charter Member
1,380 Posts
People seemed to be mixed on the exhaust wrapping. Some say it traps moisture and prematurely rusts stuff. They are probably correct in places like my climate (IL), but AZ, I doubt it.

Would it help, yeah I think so. Worth it? Not sure. I suppose you could wrap them later?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have mixed feelings because all I'm really trying to do is protect my shift cables... I'm pretty sure that I've done that with adding shielding and the NACA Ducts (already have hatch and Diffuser louvers) I think my biggest problem, (arizona 115 degree temps), is the fact that my side vents are mostly blocked with oil coolers...The NACA Ducts should fix that. I think I'll put another layer on the cables and call it good. Thanks

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.