Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted the FFCars Bill of Rights lately, so I think its time for everyone to read it (again). You can always find this in the FFR FAQ. http://www.ffcars.com/FAQ/billofrights.html

The FFCars Bill of Rights 1.4 - rev. 3/2003

Here are some basic policies for the FFCars forums. Please try and maintain these guidelines to ensure a smooth running forum without bantering and ill feelings. If you ever feel someone is not abiding by these rules, please email me and we will review the topic and either ask the person to edit the statements or we may delete the comments that are out of line.

Vendor Relations and Experiences

POLICY: Please try and resolve product problems with vendors before "venting" on the site. Venting may sound harmless, but can create ill feelings to parties that are involved. Only the parties DIRECTLY involved in a vendor/customer interaction are welcome to post about the experience. Fellow members with useful suggestions based on solid facts, remedies, and solutions, rather than personal opinions and personal attitudes, may respond.

COMMENT: There is value in sharing experiences where the sharing brings a swift end to a real problem someone else is having. What is oh-so hateful and destroying in forums is when people with hate in their hearts and foul agenda's reply and it becomes useless gossip and innuendo, then it becomes childishness. I don't think it has to be too cumbersome to police. I think we are a mature group of people who want to keep our little serene (usually) post-haven a fun place to frequent.

Respect Your Fellow Members

POLICY: Do not belittle, disparage, ridicule, or make fun of a fellow member. This includes name-calling, questioning people’s integrity/knowledge in a disparaging way, or openly trashing someone’s reputation online.

COMMENT: The Internet is a funny place. It’s easy for people to think that they’re a 7’ tall, 300 pounds Kick-boxer while online. Just try and post comments that you wouldn’t mind saying to someone in person. We will be having events in the future and you may one day have to face that person, so be careful what you say. You don’t want to be watching your back at Cobra events, do you?

Treat New Members With Kid Gloves

POLICY: All new members will be treated with an equal amount of respect as long standing members. We will not forget that we were they once. Allow them to post questions and answer the question even if it has been asked and answered 100 times somewhere else or can be found on the FFR FAQ pages. If you feel so strongly about directing people to search old topics instead of answering the question, just kindly tell them the answer and say, "you can also find that information by performing a search or by looking at the FFR FAQ."

COMMENT: We love new members because they aspire to own a car like the one we’ve already built or are currently building. These people just want to hang out and pick our brains. If we could exchange beer here, they would even buy us a beer and sit and listen for hours about what we have to say. This is a good thing; let’s encourage questions and comments, no matter how ridiculous or insignificant it may sound.

Religion, Race and Politics

POLICY: This site is dedicated to Factory Five kit cars, not religion, race or politics. We don't mind off topic posts from time-to-time, but please refrain from discussing religious beliefs, political views or race. This is not the place.

COMMENT: It's way too easy to hurt someone's feelings when discussing life issues such as religion, political views, and/or the color of someone's skin or ethic background. The reason this site works is because we talk about cars and events, without discussing topics such as these. Let's refrain from these topics to avoid hurting one of our fellow friends. We are diverse culture and this forum should reflect that. We are all brothers of the Cobra and that's what should matter the most.

Off Topic Posts

POLICY: We do not want off topic posts unless it is a benefit to the group. Mark your off topic post with "OT: Then the text...."

More details: Only post Off Topic posts that relate to Cobras or sports cars. Sometimes you may post something about a fellow member. Such as new babies, deaths, personal hardships, personal accomplishments and vendor promos. You may also inform members of special deals on stuff they may need.

COMMENT: Off topic posts tend to be the thing that brings down a well ran forum. Our site is successful because we don't get too personal. We keep it light and "on topic" 99% of the time. Off topic posts also tend to bring in people without Cobra replicas to give their 2 cents. And sometimes these people get too emotional and personal. Maybe if they had a car to build they would have less time to post negative comments? Anyway, if we keep it on topic most of the time, we won't have these issues.

Photo Sharing

POLICY: Posting photos is acceptable if it is related to helping someone build a cobra or upgrade a car. Do not post off topic photos, link them. Many users are on dial up, so be mindful of using photos because it makes the pages load slow. No nudity. Please refrain from posting girls with cars, unless it's a Cobra. And then, please warn people in your post and link the photo.

COMMENT: This policy is in affect to keep the site loading fast and to not offend users. Our site is here to help others build cobra replicas. All it takes in one girly picture to turn someone off and they leave the site. We don't need to run someone off just because of a photo. If you think you have a questionable photo to share, ask a moderator for direction.

How to Complain

NEW POLICY: Complaints about the forum or a member of the forum.
Before posting a negative comment about our site or a member, please give us some respect and first try emailing the moderators or owners of FFCars about your problem or concern. If you then feel you still need to vent, please include a possible solution to your concern. This includes posting general complaints about other members.

COMMENTS: Negative comments do nothing but fuel the fire for bad relationships. This site was created to help others build Factory Five cars. That’s it, nothing more. If we can help you build your dream car, then we have succeeded. We’re not here to entertain you, argue with you, debate world topics, or help you with other things going on in your life. We are a car site and more specifically, a site dedicated to Cobra replicas. Please try and stay the course.

Please remember, this is a privately owned. It is a privilege to have access to this site, not a right. So please go by our simple rules and we’ll all get along just fine.

Thanks for your cooperation.

- Bill

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Bill, and thanks for the site.

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
Noted.

And learned a new word in the proces:

"disparaging" Never heard of it. Will look it up later...

Rob ;)

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
470 Posts
I like the new policy stating that if a member posting a reply gets negative we should send a note to the admin people and ask THEM to clear the matter up. Sometimes we post things that sound like being negative with FFR or a vendor and some member will make cutting remarks. It's like you said, if you were talking man to man would you have the gumption to say the same thing without worrying about being taken out back to sort things out. I for one hate when the term 'whiner, flamer', and other such derogatory remarks are made. We now have a place to report this, thanks.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I am kind of new yet and I didn't know about the policies. Thanks for the heads up.

Dan

·
Charter Member
66 Posts
As a really new guy just getting started in all this, I have to say that this is the most civilized bunch of any forum I've looked at. We all get a little worked up once in a while, but you all should pat yourselves on the back for being such a great group! Especially Bill for providing such a terrific forum.
WAYTOGO!

Ken

·
Charter Member
522 Posts
Bill,
Thanks for the policies, also thank you for this site. It has really helped me decide to look for a ffr hopefully in the near future.

Kenny

·
Junior Charter Member
225 Posts
Bill,
Again, thanks from the silent majority. This is a great place for the intelligent builder. Not your "normal" web site - due to you setting the "High Bar".

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,784 Posts
Bill,
Appreciate the comments-they help us to stay focused and have a good, fun and useful forum for our hobby.
Best regards,
Chuck

·
Charter Member
1,480 Posts
bill, You have created the best forum on the planet!! Thanks for everything. Mike

·
Charter Member
1,480 Posts
Bill, You have created the best forum on the planet!! Thanks for everything. Mike Don't know how it got double posted...sorry.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just have one thing to say:

I love you guys (sniff). :D

Seriously though, I had no idea of the rules until just now. I hope that I am NOT the reason that they have been reposted. :rolleyes:

This is an awesome forum and it has done two things for me: 1) taught me a lot about the build process and options for the roadster, and 2) dramatically increased my desire for my own roadster.

Thanks a million Bill!

Clutch

[ June 04, 2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Clutch ]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks again Bill for this great forum. I myself am a new member. I just picked up my new markIII kit today(6-4-05). This forum is the best place to make new friends with the same interest and get the best advice on problems when your realy stuck on something. I got a markIII with 3 link,tube a-arm, windshield wipers, heat & defrost,alum. rad. and fill kit, fronf hinges, holes cut, powder coated chassis and pass. side roll bar. Thanks again Bill for this fantastic forum.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Ditto all of the above. I like the fact that the forum is so civil. We all want to help each other and the decorum created here is wonderful. We can help each other along without calling our forum buddies dumb names and getting excited over nothing.

I really dont think that we would have been successful with our build without the support we have found here.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts