Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Traveler
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you put miles on your car, ever so often check the parking light chrome trim ring.... OR you will be like me ordering one from FinishLine to replace the one that fell off!

On the parking lights the amber plastic is a twist on and off to cover the bulb. The plastic lens has a fitted chrome trim ring. Over time, with heat/cold that ring will loosen up. It is only a tight press on fit to start with. One day you will be washing the car and realize that the lens is there but the chrome ring is missing!
The lens is still left, locked onto the parking light housing. The chrome trim ring is someplace back a few miles along the road.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,258 Posts
Ralph, drill 2 small holes in the ring and put small self taping screws in. No more lost rings. I lost one also!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just dabbed on some silicone and stuck it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As you put miles on your car, ever so often check the parking light chrome trim ring.... OR you will be like me ordering one from FinishLine to replace the one that fell off!

On the parking lights the amber plastic is a twist on and off to cover the bulb. The plastic lens has a fitted chrome trim ring. Over time, with heat/cold that ring will loosen up. It is only a tight press on fit to start with. One day you will be washing the car and realize that the lens is there but the chrome ring is missing!
The lens is still left, locked onto the parking light housing. The chrome trim ring is someplace back a few miles along the road.
Lost one, have a part # of trim ring?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
This is a 2005 thread. The part FFR is using has not changed, at least to 2010 when I got my kit, I don't have the part # but maybe a call to FFR can get you one. Because of the virus they are closed now.

I have looked at Moss Motors to try to duplicate the entire part but was not successful. Doesn't mean it's not there though.

Now, I don't like the gap between the chrome press on ring and the body. Has anyone come up with a more finished solution?

George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts