Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know why FFR doesn't make a glove box. Has anyone tried to install one in the FFR dash? I know Shell Valley sells one. Seems easy enough to do, can't understand with all the technology at FFR why they don't offer one. Thanks,
Doug

·
3,798 Posts
I saw several examples of glove boxes in the dash when we were in Las Vegas at the Nationals. Most of the people that i talked to were satisfied with the pockets in the door pannels.

·
6,559 Posts
Yep. One of the best mods I did.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,761 Posts
And another

Oh ya. The heater core is behind the glove box. That's why the majority of it is only 2" deep. Outboard of the core, it is about 6" deep.

Hope this helps

[ January 20, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Lancair IV ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
I've got the heater and wiper behind where the glove box should be, but really thought the flat dash in that area was "lacking" so I made a fake cover. Looks good and makes te dash look right.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yep I added one...glad I did.I used a shell Valley kit with the wood door,then stained the door to match the steering wheel.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to know that it is possible. I'm not going to use a heater so it should fit fine. Do you have to order any extra material to cover it or is the piece that you cut out sufficient? Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did mine in leather and had to order another piece of dash material in order to have enough. There was enough material in the extra piece for 4 door covers, so I was able to sell them off to recoupe some of the cost.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.