Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted a list of events, local and not so local, of interest to Cobra owners in the Memphis/West Tn. region on the SOUTHEAST REGION FORUM. I will keep it periodically updated as I learn of new activities. Most of the listings will be car shows but there will also be some long and short cruise-ins for the majority of us who drive our cars on the street. There are two groups in the Memphis area who are driving/building Cobras; the Shelby County Cobra Club(How's that for an approtriate county name!)and the FFR owner's group. Both are loosely organized and communicate by email. If there is anyone out there who wants to post an event on the list, email me through this site and i will add it to the list.
Happy slithering!
:D

[ January 08, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Tnarchtct ]

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry,
My plan for the coming Summer season includes some Cobra camping. Memphis is about 175 to 200 miles from some of the most fun Arkansas mountain roads in the region. I think there are a lot of Cobra owners who would enjoy packing a small tent or two, and some basic camping gear for a trip to an Arkansas State Park in the mountains. There are lots of places to go and lots of things to do when the group arrives. Blanchard Springs Caverns near Mountain View boasts a couple of different cave tours guided by Forest Service Rangers which are fun and will add variety to the interest to the trip. Lots of photo-ops also.
:D

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Highway 7, from Hot Springs to Harrison, made "Road & Track's" list of 10 best roads in America some years back. It is an awesome, twisty, and senic two-lane that goes through the Ouachita Mtns, the Ozarks, and across the Buffalo National River to Missouri, ending at Bull Shoals Lake near Branson, Mo. A road trip could include canoeing on the Buffalo, dining at "Bugger Hollow" on "Bugger Burgers" (for real item on the menu board) a visit to gorgeous Bull Shoals Lake, and a country music show at Branson, tacky capital of the USA. Lots of "laid back" fun can be had in northern arkansas for a modest sum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts