Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the envalve. This is apparnty a new style pcv valve that the seller says is a good step in solving rear main seal leaks. It is a valve that increases the crankcase suction. So much for the hype, has anyone tried one yet?

http://www.envalve.com/default.html

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Does'nt seem to be anymore then a oversize pcv valve. Does'nt work any different then what the pvc valves we use now do. As long as you have a pcv valve with enough flow for the size of the engine,thats it,any more is no better. Only way this would solve a rear main leak would be if the present valve being used is fauly or undersized causeing exsess crank case pressure and replacing to one that is of correct size or working order. Any more and a true vacum set up would be needed, like a vacum pump arragement.
Did'nt see a price mentioned but if not costly what can it hurt?

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
try an open breather if you haven't already . Bob

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Originally posted by BEARMAN:
$50.00
For a PCV!!!??? :eek:
I looked at their website, and was not impressed.
THE EN-VALVE THROUGH ITS DESIGN IS ABLE TO REMOVE MUCH MORE BLOWBY. IT PRODUCES A PRESET VACUUM IN THE CRANKCASE. BLOWBY DOES NOT EXIST IN A VACUUM.
A PCV cannot produce a vacuum. It can only control it. Blowby can exist in a vacuum. The amount of blowby produced has nothing to do with the PCV. The PCV can only regulate the amount of crankcase vacuum, and the blowby that is produced is drawn into the engine. I trhink I'll pass on this one. They probably sell it along side those fuel line magnets that garrantee up to a 50 MPG fuel increase. John

·
Junior Charter Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounded a little "magic bullet". If it was $15.00 I would give it a try.
So next question is vacuum pumps. Benefits and problems with them.
As I am running power steering and the alternator of of the heads, where would you mount one?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Do a quick search on vacum pumps. A member here "Bob"? had a really slick set up that used a modifed smog pump. It is probally the only true way to get a good constand vacum in a motor. The real benefit is to better help seal the cylinders,rings,pistons.
The advantage of adding a open breather would be to relieve crank case pressure so not to force oil past the seals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.