Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well shes running but not well. the 2 big problems i seem to be having is the cars super rich and my idle is all over the place it gets better when its warmed up but far from the way my mustangs is. so i ask for your help

things ive checked
it is an EFI 302
-so vacum tested EGR and all good(its not stuck open or anything)
-i noid lighted all injectors and they all get a signal i know that doesnt mean the injectors arent bad but at least no electrical problem there
-timing is about dead stock
-checked and rechecked all connections and good
-o2 sensors are plugged in but havent wleded bung into headers to attach them but they wouldnt affect how rich it is on start up anyway(right?)
-no vacum leaks on manifold everything is plugged and did the liquid test as in soak manifold and look for bubbles and nothing
-new sparkplugs and new wires
so that about leaves me here with the only assumption that maybe i have bad injectors. at about 2 - 3 grand rpm engine sounds a little ruff like it could be missing but then it could just sound like its got a big cam in it(dont know if it stock or not)
thanx for the help

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would clean the MAF sensor wires CAREFULLY with some brake cleaner. Don't touch them just spray and let them air dry.

I would also check the TPS sensor for a setting below 1.0v. I have mine set to 0.93v

A missing SPOUT connector could also give you a rough idle. There should be a plug in the 2 wire connector right beside the distributor.

Good luck,
Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Originally posted by D-Rock:
-no vacum leaks on manifold everything is plugged and did the liquid test as in soak manifold and look for bubbles and nothing
You wouldn't see bubbles. A leak would suck in the fluid. What you do is spray something flammable like carb cleaner around to see if RPM picks up.

You checked the vacuum nipples underneath the upper intake?

Steve

·
Senior Charter Member
3,086 Posts
To check if the adaptives learning in the EEC is the cause from the O2's, reset the computer (remove power for a while). Then restart if it is still pig rich this removes that as your problem.

Check the fuel pressure regulator by pulling vacuum on it. If you get fuel or it won't hold vacuum, replace it.

·
Junior Charter Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-spout connector there
-fuel pressure reg good

will try disconecting comp and cleaning M A F and checking trottle sensor
definatly no vacuum leaks

2 silly questions
-the only temperture sensor for the engine is on the right side of the manifold right
-and heres the dumb one is there a map senosr on Mass airflow enigines
thanx again we shall see how it goess tomarrow

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
There is an ACT (air charge temp) sensor in the #5 intake runner on the lower manifold. The ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor is in the heater supply line above the right side of the lower intake. There is a MAP sensor, but it is called a BAP sensor. It measures barometric pressure and SHOULD NOT have a vacuum hose attached to it when used on a mass air engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.