Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally,

Forte's 351W, Ram Clutch, QuickTime Bellhousing, and TKO-600 are in...

The combo:

Removing the center diagonal brace in the tranny tunnel (and we removed the shifter stub as well) - I'm dangerous with power tools...

My son Adam and I making sure we don't mangel the intack:

Now I just have to re-weld the center diagonal support:

See!!!!

And a sweet team toast from Tennessee (son Adam, nephew Josh, and Me):

I've got to run back out to the garage to make sure it's still there....

Cheers and thanks for encouragement!

Sherrell

·
15,282 Posts
SWEET! I know this milestone was a long time coming and caused you some headaches, so congrats on the big accomplishment. Something about an engine in the bay really makes you feel a lot further ahead on the build.

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Sweet! Start up can't be to far away!
Looks like a nice combo.

Cheers

Skip

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
That looked like a lot of fun!!!! Congrats!!!

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
Man, doesn't everybody here have a Summit Racing hat!

Looks good.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
985 Posts
Why is it when I see a sawzall I think "Hoofa".

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
What took you so long ? ...just kidding. Glad you got all your parts squared away.
Baron

·
2,746 Posts
Congrats !
It's a great feeling to get that motor in there, isn't it? Feels allot more like a car all of a sudden.

Stay on it.

(I have Summit hats that say... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.... you get the idea...)

Chris.

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Congrats Sherrell! Good job! So was it as easy as they say it is?

Jack

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jack:

Yes... but:

1. It REALLY helps to have 3 people... one to operate hoist, one to guide engine, and one to manage tranny trail

2. Have to remove the stub shifter and the middle top diagonal brace on the tranny

3. Can't image doing this without the load leveler, BUT the angle on the engine is so extreme, the leveler screw becomes really hard to turn... NOTE: handle on load leverler screw MUST be toward rear of engine... We had to bend the handle on ours because it wouldn't clear the hoist chain enough for us to tilt the motor as required...

4. I did elevant the front end of the frame about 4 inches relative to rear end to get some room for the tranny tail...

Once we had the engine on the hoist, it took us about 30 minutes and we went SLOW...

Now yours is going in real soon as well???

[ March 23, 2007, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Sherrell ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Good job Sherrell! The collective experience here really helps.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Congrats!! That is one sweet looking engine

2FAST

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Sherrel, I am still waiting on my engine from Gordon Levy Racing. I understand that the engine is on the loading dock at Stewart Transport waiting on the next truck to Florida. I am chomping at the bit waiting on this engine. As of today I have been waiting about 5 months and two weeks.

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Sherrel,
Please make sure that Forte has already put a sealer for the shifter. Mine sprayed Tranny oil out on 4th and 5th gears when on the road. AND many other people have had the same issue. Not a big deal really and its a $0.25 sealer. Its easy to put in now buy much more difficult later.

Congrats.

Cheeres,

-Kouros

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Congrats and way to go Sherrell! Looks good.
Now get back to the garage, we want a first start video next weekend... ;)

·
Junior Charter Member
302 Posts
Sherrill,
Very good indeed! That is such a mental milestone. It makes the chassis begin to really look like a car - and a race car at that.
Congratulations!
Harry

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Kouros,

Sealer? Mine has the rubber boot like the one in Sherrel's picture, is there something else?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.