Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the American Wire harness and my MSD box mounted in the engine compartment, with its wires routing to the distributor and to the coil.
My question is how do the harness wires tie in. My diagram shows the wires that tie in to the sylenoid for a GM. Please Help!!!! The only driving I'm doing is to drinking.

Tripp

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Try the MSD website , but first get your schematic and call Donnie at AAW. I did this but cant remember how ... drinking myself!! Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
i haven't put mine in yet, but I bought the adaptor for a mustang. Its a plug and play on a stang, and my thinknig is that it should wire in much easier. I think it was about $25 out of the summit catalog.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
I think I bought an adapter also from Mike Forte. Plugged right in and it was cheap.

Mike M.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Assuming you are carbed, if you already have it wired to the distributor and the coil, you will only need to connect the large red wire to a constant voltage source. I'm also using the AAW harness, and connected the small red MSD wire to the AAW wire from the ignition key that is supposed to go to the coil. (can't remember the color). MSD shows the large red wire connected to the solenoid, that will also work in your application. If you are EFI, buy the MSD connector that will connect the MSD box to the distributor. John

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Heavy red wire to the battery (usually tapped off of the solenoid battery post). Heavy black wire to ground. Small red wire to ignition coil wire from fuse box. White wire insulated and stowed or used to disable the system by connection to a hidden spst toggle switch with the other side to ground. Orange (+) and black (-) wires to coil. Plug in distributor. Start car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.