Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the engine and transmission in the car for what I hope is the last time. Everything is tightened up except the driveshaft (need to install loop). I'm using 351W with a TKO500. Is it normal for the trans to set in the trans tunnel off center? It appears the trans sets much closer to the trans tunnel chassis vertical tubes on the passengers side than on the drivers side. I do not see any way of adjusting this so I'm assuming that's just the way it sets. Am I correct or is there something wrong. If something is wrong how would I adjust it since everything seems to be rigidly mounted?

Thanks
Paul

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
No, that's the way it's supposed to be. Make sure the drive line is square in the chassis, check pinion angle, and tighten down the nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The driveshaft input to the rear differential is not centered on the differential housing, that's why the engine and tranny are offset to the passenger side

·
Registered
370 Posts
The entire driveline in these cars is offset to the right by 1". I measured this to check. I believe the offset was also to produce a better lift/right weight balance with a single driver (racer).

Of course for my car, which I am converting to RHD, I cut out all the mounts, and now my driveline sits right on centre :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts