Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just Pluggin Along
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know something about motors, but I came across something today and wondered if it was worth the asking price. What do you experienced engine builders/traders think:

347 stroker, prepped for race
forged internals
Canton oil pan
roller cam (unknown type)
roller rockers
Trick flow heads
Trick flow track heat intake
30# injectors w/ calibrated MAF
75mm throttle body
Vortec supercharger
AOD trans, unknown stall

$5500

Gentleman who owns now said original owner spent over $10K to get this ready for the drag strip and several people (respectable) I know say this motor runs very strong. Motor is on stand now and turns freely. (Original owner is now taking a long vacation on the gov't for illegally dispensing medications).

I figure I can see about $4000 in parts alone on the block, not including whats inside. I was thinking of converting to carb and selling the fuel injection stuff. A decent deal? Anything else I should look at?

Thanks for your opinions,

Cai

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Seems like it's not a bad price if the internals are name brand.
Production block?
Is it a used engine and if so, how much?

·
4,494 Posts
What are you going to use your Cobra for? Street, Drag, Road Race? If this is primarly a street car, or daily driver, What are you going to do with 400+ HP? The price seems reasonable for a Drag Strip motor. Also, what you your state's registration requirements and SMOG?

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
I always go back to the basics on someone else's motor build.
Let me see, he was illegally dispensing medications and you're sure he's being truthful with you?
I'd figure out what the used parts are worth and give him no more than that.
What are you going to do if it turns out to be junk? At least with a reputable pro builder, you get some type of guarantee and have a business to turn to afterwards.
Pay only for what you can see. It's called, "trust but verify." If I can't verify it, it didn't happen.

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Trenchant
2,692 Posts
If it was made for drag racing I'm sure it was used for drag racing and is probably in need of a rebuild.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,735 Posts
Take a look at the FMS 347, I think it will come in 2g's less but will not include the FI system. You will know he history.

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts