Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at the engine mounts and they seem to be off compared to the stock mounts. New mounts have a wider distance between bolt holes and also flat where my stock mounts were angled. Inventory states I recieved mounts for 302 block. I'm running a 1966 289SBF. Do I need new mounts or did FF send me wrong ones?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As Jeff points out, you got the wrong stuff. Oh shit, FFR is closed. o_O
Yeah, bummer. I found this out 24 hrs too late. Not ready to install anytime soon, but happened to pull them out to look at them.

·
Not a waxer
11,767 Posts
Don’t do it Eugene! Even if these were the correct Fox body application, which the number in the link Toadster posted is not, you do not want Prothane mounts; they place the engine higher than the Energy Suspension mounts which can cause problems with hood clearance and the sidepipes. This would be an example of "be sure you know what you're getting before clicking BUY NOW" ;)

Jeff

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t do it Eugene! Even if these were the correct Fox body application, which the number in the link Toadster posted is not, you do not want Prothane mounts; they place the engine higher than the Energy Suspension mounts which can cause problems with hood clearance and the sidepipes. This would be an example of "be sure you know what you're getting before clicking BUY NOW" ;)

Jeff
Also don't want to spend the extra $ if FF will replace them.

·
Curious George
418 Posts

Jeff
oops - thx for the catch Jeff :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts