Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to install my Windsor motor last night using the upgraded Poly motor mounts from FFR. I first installed the mounts on the engine then tried to install engine in car. The passenger side lined up fine (both the bolt and the pin/button) but I wasn't able to get the driver's side mount to fit (the large bolt fit into the slot on the frame mount but no matter what I did, I couldn't get the motor into position to let the little pin/button fit into the hole). I'm sure I have the mounts on the correct sides. Could there be a problem with the mounts, or the frame mount?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Don't tighten the mount to the engine block, leave it loose. This will allow you to wiggle the engine and/or pry the mount a bit and get it to fully seat into the frame...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
416 Posts
Do you have new mounts? Reason I ask, mine looked basically new out of my donor so I went to use those and they were bent enough that they wouldn't line up properly.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
2nd the leaving everything loose.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mark's right , I had the same problem on my first engine install.
After I loosened the mounting bolts there was enough room to guide them to the mount and it went right in.
Paul M.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

in my photo, i have stock mounts but the concept is the same. squish the mount down a little if needed.

in my photo, i am leveling the engine. i propped up the engine with a jack and a 2x4, nudged the mount just a little bit, and tightened it down.

my sidepipe on one side was almost touching the ground. just a little nudge will do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts