Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am pretty close to attempt to drop my engine and trans on the car just need to finish some painting on the engine bay, but I don't have a lift, does anybody know of some kind of mobile mechanic with a mobile lift/crane service that could help me out in Illinois?

I was gong to order a lift fron Jeg's but $400 it's hard to swallow for something that I will probably only use once (hopefully)

Thanks for the help.

·
Geek
1,402 Posts
Do you have a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool near you? Engine lifts are $200 or less at either of these places. IMO it is worth owning one because you never know if you're going to have to pull the engine out down the road. Besides they're useful for other things like e.g. loading/unloading heavy objects from a pickup or trailer.

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
I paid $99 for my lift from Harbor Freight. Worked great. Engine is in.

·
Premium Member
18,256 Posts
Most rental yards have engine cranes. You could probably rent one for the day for <$50.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I bought the HF crane and have used it to assemble my MKII, pull the engine on my jeep, move machenery. The big pain is storing it when not in use, but nnot that big a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.