Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to tweek the engine level? I need to move it 3 degrees down on the driver's side so the 4X4's line up. After loosening the motor and tranny mounts...do I need the hoist again?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
While probably not the best way to do it, I just used my jack and a nice piece of wood under the headers. I used a level on the rear of the engine near the bellhousing and slowly raised the jack untit it was level...then tightened the motor mount up.

Worked for me. I didn't have an engine hoist, so it was try that, or go borrow the engine hoist again...and that thing was heavy.

·
7,718 Posts
I used a floor jack and a 2x4 under the oil pan. Then I placed grade 8 washers between the motor mount and the block. It only took about 3 washers (or about 0.25 inches) to level my engine out when I had the stock Ford headers installed. I also needed to raise the motor so the headers would clear the right side motor mount. Since I switched to the 4x4 headers, I've been able to remove all of the washers and lower the engine directly onto the motor mounts.

Ray

·
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan & Ray, I'll try on Monday; right now wiring has be baffled. Motor cranks in "run", "start" and "OFF"!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
Hi guys ... was at FFR Sat. chatting about side pipe alignment ... be careful spacing the motor and leveling it (left to right) ... it is in reality suppose to be low to the drivers side by some degree (think I remember it being 1 - 2 degrees or something like that) ... I have no spacers, energy suspension mounts, TKO II, 4 into 4's ... drivers pipe is 3/4 inch higher than pass ... angles along sides to rear wheels ar correct (little troch action on driver side pipe) ... motor when I had alignment issues was 1/16 low to drivers now it is 3/16 low to drivers and pipes are near perfect ... good luck ... Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts